Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 AM

2 posts, read 3,228 times

Advertisements

Hello! Wondering if anyone can provide advice on downtown living. I have found some apartments that look nice:

-The Depot
-Lincoln Trinity Bluff Apts
-The Lofts at W 7th Apts
-AMLI Upper West Side and AMLI W 7th
-Lincoln Park at Trinity Bluffs
-The Homes of Parker Commons
-some lofts at 1324 E Lancaster

If you have any comments on any of these or suggestions for others it would be greatly appreciated. Job is near W 7th and Taylor. Would like to stay under $900 for a 1-bedroom. Thank you! Oh, and do I need a car if I live and work downtown? Prefer to use my vehicle as little as possible, rather walk/bike. Happy Thanksgiving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 11:42 AM

20 posts, read 74,561 times
Hello! Where do you currently live? I ask because life in DT Fort Worth (or anywhere in the metroplex for that matter) without a car seems like it would be quite difficult. There are no places to get groceries in downtown proper, and while in theory you could bike to Target on W7th, you'd be risking your life every time you needed to get some milk (bike lanes? what are those?).
I don't know much about the other locations, but the lofts on E Lancaster look quite cool - but they are also right near an underpass and where the homeless services charities are located. This means that you have a lot of people milling about day and night, and really no shops or services to speak of for quite a distance. Sadly I think one needs a car when living here to preserve one's sanity and not get dead - but that's just my view as a former resident of "bike town USA". Best of luck with your search!

Old 11-28-2010, 12:33 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Yes, you will still need a car. you can probably walk to work daily, but as Goodmau says, getting groceries will be a challenge. This will become very true in our extremely hot summers and bitter cold snaps during the winter.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:26 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
there is bus service downtown that goes out to So7 and other areas of ftw but not sure how convenient the schedule is for someone doing quick trips or how easy it would be to carry grocery bags--but there are riders who are doing that

Old 11-30-2010, 09:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,228 times
Thanks for the info. I am coming from Albuquerque. Fort Worth sounds great!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:05 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
FTW IS GREAT!
most of the time...

Old 12-03-2010, 03:24 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times
I lived in Amli Upper Westside for a year. I walked to work occasionally (as I worked downtown)-- but found myself too lazy to walk everyday.

The apartment was excellent. The staff was great too. I came from UT-Austin where apartment staff treat you like **** and I must say that it was such a nice change! Nothing broke down the whole year, the pool they have is nice (with a hot tub-- that has a view of downtown!). The gym is great there too, hardly anyone is ever in it. Overall, I'd definitely recommend it.

I moved out when I got married and had to move to an apartment up by Roanoke. Now that place was a dump. And left me missing the nice apartment I once had downtown...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth