Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 42 times

Advertisements

Hi there folks!

I'm planning on retiring to Fort Wayne Indiana in 5 years. Just wondering what the usual snow totals are per year. I see averages on websites of around 30 inches a year. I'm curious how accurate this estimate is. Also, wondering how often you generally have snowstorms blow in (what month does snow start falling) and what the usual total averages are for individual storms. Are they a couple inches throughout the season or do you routinely get 'dumped on' with 8-to-12-inch storms? I love the snow by the way.

Also, thunderstorms! I like intense weather. I'd be a storm chaser, if I had any storms to chase. None here in the rainy but not stormy, PNW.

Also, from what I can gather, it appears the northwest and southwest suburban areas of Fort Wayne are the safest areas to locate. How about downtown FW? If I were live in an apartment in town, are there areas of the city to avoid?

Thanks for any info you may provide!

Kaye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne