Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:05 PM

5 posts, read 11,821 times

Advertisements

Just looking for family meals with quite atmosphere. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 08:35 PM

282 posts, read 1,008,818 times
Reds in Pine Island and Sandy Hook in Matlacha.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 AM

21 posts, read 70,022 times
While I am not sure how quiet Reds is, it has very good food.

You can also try The lazy Flamingo or The Waterfront Restaurant. Both have great seafood.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
I haven't been there in many years, but what about the Prawnbroker?

It's probably too far from the Cape, but Skip One can't be beat for value and the seafood is as fresh as you can find anywhere. Again, I haven't been out to dinner in so long, I probably shouldn't comment. Maybe things haven't change too much since I had a life!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 AM

5 posts, read 11,821 times
Default Good Seafood

Thank you so very much for the replys. Am in process of purchasing home in SE Cape Coral.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:47 AM

111 posts, read 287,241 times
I really enjoy eating at Morettis and sitting on the patio at Sunset.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:00 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,114 times
Default pine island resturaunt review

just ate dinner tonight at red's based off suggestions here's my review.... Went on a monday night at around 5:30 plenty of parking, greeted right away by hostess,no wait for a table, wondered at first if we were a little underdressed because the inside was a little more upscale than it looked from the outside but after seeing other customers attire we were reassured our shorts and t'shirts were just fine. had a couple glasses of shiraz 5.50 a glass, for appetizers I had fried calamri and my dad had clam chowder, dad's description of clam chowder was "it was alright, I've had better" (lifetime new englander) calamari was just fried no sautee but cooked perfectly, came with a marinara dipping sauce which was a little unexciting, we both got tossed salads which was very fresh and crispy and were made from better quality lettuces . for entree's my dad got crab cakes with french fries. portion size was good, avg french fries, crab cakes on a scale from 1-10 he rated an 8, no sauces were served (which if something is good shouldn't need it). I got the seafood fra diavlo. portion size was huge large amount of mussels , very good size /quality scallops, small shrimp, some clams, sauce is suppose to have a spicy kick to it... this was a little heavy on the crushed red pepper and lighter on the black pepper, I'm use to the other my mouth was on fire but nothing another glass of shiraz couldn't quench. on my rating scale a give an 8 due to the smaller shrimp and the more hot than spicy diavlo sauce. Service was a strong 10 the waitress was friendly , conversational, not intrusive , provided prompt and attentive service. price for 2 appetizers 2 entrees, 3 glasses of wine (dad was driving) was $84 not including gratuity. The big question, would I return?????? in a minute and I plan to.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,114 times
Default 3 more resturaunt reviews

Harpoon Harry's- located in Punta Gorda's fishermans village. Went on a Sunday night in July. It is a seat yourself resturaunt and we find a vacant table right at the water's edge. The table was sticky and we wondered if they had been wiped down since the last guests. Overall pretty much a dive type resturaunt but we had heard good things about it so we were more open minded than if we had gone in blind. We started with some appetizers of gator bites (alligator tail) and coconut shrimp both were very good, for dinner I had blackened red fish it was ok , wife had talapia was very good, kids had chicken fingers (which they always get) and they were good as well. Service was pretty good but it wasn't very busy and you could tell that it is the type of place that gets some huge crowds in season and you'd probably just have to expect long waits. prices were reasonable and felt we got what we paid for. Set up for live entertainment and this is where the bar probably shines, has a very big stage and big sound equipment most likely to accomodate a full band and with the open air feel of the place would be a great spot for night life.

Lazy Flamingo (Bokeelia PIne Island) Went for lunch , had a feast. brought in fish that we had caught fresh that morning, blue fish ,snook , spotted trout and a couple others. They cooked them two ways fried and blackened. Atmosphere was decent ... it was looking out over a small marina, was comfortable and chill. Also ordered some conch fritters, buffalo wings and a cheeseburger. if you like blackend fish this is the place to go,, the fried was ok. I asked what kind of spices the cook used and it's his own secret blend it was phenominal. conch fritters were very unforgettable though, and even though the service was prompt it wasn't very friendly ... I could not get the slightest of a smile out of anyone working there. It was almost as if they were unhappy to be there. I left feeling more full than thanksgiving.

Sandy Hook (Matlacha) Went for dinner on a thurs night. Was seated at a table right away looking out over the water. As far as atmosphere and view this was the best of all 4 resturaunts (including reds above) The place had character was very clean and comfortable. Here I had the gator bites (was not as good as Harpoon Harry's) Fish were jumping high in the air and putting on quite a show for us out in the water. The service was good, once again not very smiley. However the manager made up for any shortcomings of the waitresses lack of personality. His name was Chris and he had grown up on Pine Island and shared a lot of it's history and his memeories growing up. Within 10 mins had pulled up a chair and was sharing pictures of his 6mos old Landon Tyler.. I had blackened grouper and my wife had grilled shrimp in a scampi sauce. The grouper was good but the blackened spices were of no comparison to the lazy flamingos blackend fish. My wifes scampi was very good. The kids portions were huge. My son got bbq ribs and my daughter chicken fingers (of course). they were adult size portions. Which was great cuz I got to sample what they couldn't finish.

All 4 resturaunts had their merits and if I had to rate my favorite it would be the sandy hook. It had all the elements that you would look for in a place to go out and enjoy a dinner.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:38 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Ariels on Del Prado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 AM

473 posts, read 1,167,900 times
Has anyone ever tried this place The New England Moorings ???
Funky place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area