Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Thank you... some people just don't want to see anything good. I don't see any reason to continue this thread.
I don't understand this comment. Lehigh is constantly getting a bad rep in this forum from outsiders. For a change we have people actually living there giving their assessment of what it's like to live there.

If, in defending their view, they point out that crime is high in other areas too, why is that construed as "some people just don't want to see anything good"
I'm sure the residents of Lehigh Acres try very hard to see the good side of things. Lol

What is your reason for wanting to close the thread ?
I don't get it.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 15,140 times
Look, no where is perfect. All I know is I've lived in three different neighborhoods in Lehigh. I've been here for 10 years now. It IS peaceful. And I've lived in suburbia all my life. Crime-ridden???Please...must be on the down low.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:28 PM

4 posts, read 25,594 times
Not by any means experts -- nor do we have history in Lehigh -- but my husband and I recently bought a home in Lehigh -- he is a retired "large city" police officer and I have worked in law enforcement for 30 years. We loved the neighborhood we bought into and it is very quiet -- we moved from a fairly big city environment. Guess we missed what the detractors are seeing?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:03 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
brown, what part of LA?

Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,787,713 times
This is recent: Lee County to seek Lehigh Acres crime-fighting cash from feds | news-press.com | The News-Press

Old 11-19-2009, 03:39 PM

83 posts, read 310,709 times
I didnt read half the posts because what I did read were full of ****! I was born and raised in the Cape. Came from a farly wealthy family and when I had the chance I go tthe HELL out of the Cape and moved to LA! Its not snotty here as it is there. And they talk about Crime? Where ISNT there crime right now! There is CRIME in SUPREME Cape Coral too! ITS everywhere! LA is more rural! Its not congested but its not pretty right now. If our economy woudl not have tanked I bet this place woudl have turned out nice. There are some great areas like buckingham area, sunshine area, etc.. There are bad areas like mugs and jugs area and Leonard and State rd. 82! Its a 50/50!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,478 times
Thumbs up One good Post on Lehigh Acres

Outside of the ongoing discussion on home prices, Lehigh is a really beautiful place. I drive there from Miami every two weeks with my dad to work on a home we bought at a really good price. We also got the corner lot next door, and after a good cleaning, all you see is the majestic pine, Cedar and oak trees. The lots are located in ZIP 33972, which is in the middle of a peaceful pine forest. The front yard of our house has a big orange tree, and we picked fresh ones from november thru january. Orange groves as far as the eye can see are but 1/4 mile away, and in spring the blossoms smell for miles. It's close enough to anywhere you may want to go, the people are nice, and commerce decent. There's no bums or homeless out in the street begging, and no graffitty or groups of teenagers raising hell at night. Streets are clean and the town orderly. Residential areas like ZIP 33971-72-36 have for me, the best of the place. There's crime but it's petty in nature. The inevitable a/c unit that gets vandalized for the copper,etc. But nothing to look over your shoulder about. From day one, i've felt specially good driving down the long, wooded roads of eastern LA and enjoying the tree-lined canals that crisscross the area. Lots of trails and fun places to go riding. Congrats for having a piece of our heaven and keep trying to see it some day. You'll be more than pleasantly surprised, in spite of all the bad reviews you've read!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:54 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
I'm sorry. I love unspoiled Florida. I really, really do. And I find the wild countryside of the state to be gorgeous. But to call Lehigh Acres beautiful is laughable. Well before the crime ever came the area looked deserted with the cookie cutter homes in the middle of nowhere looking desolate. The roads that went to nowhere. The seedy looking shopping center and plazas. It never looked even "nice."

If anything, Lehigh may have been beautiful but that ended back in the 60s when they chopped it up to make some quick money. And now, with the abandoned homes, the place looks blighted.

Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I am just not buying it.

I call baloney on the "Beautiful Lehigh" post.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:52 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
It's far from beautiful, maybe, but even farther from 'blighted'. It's a semi-rural town with a large mix of people, some of whom are less than desirable for neighbors, but that happens in EVERY town.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 6,260 times
Default Which areas would I stay away from in Lehigh Acres

Can anyone tell me which areas to stay away from in Lehigh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area