Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 11,633 times

Advertisements

I am considering relocating to Florida very soon and wanted to get an idea of the area right around the Oasis Grande highrise. Just want to make sure it is not "ghetto" right around there. Any info from anyone who lives in this area would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 03:19 PM

3 posts, read 17,310 times
Actually if you are thinking about the oasis towers in Fort Myers forget about it, they are right next to the ghetto, they are very nice towers actually but as soon as you leave the gates there are probably close to 2000 trailers/mobile homes right next door. And the worst of it all is that we have a kid and the school district the Oasis is part of is the ghetto one, ***MOD CUT***

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 08-12-2009 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: inflamatory statement

Old 08-11-2009, 04:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quite a lot of discussion about that place.

Fla. highrise has 32 stories, but just 1 tenant - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090801/ap_on_re_us/us_lonely_highrise - broken link)

And the national article that a lot of people were talking about.

Fla. highrise has 32 stories, but just 1 tenant - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090801/ap_on_re_us/us_lonely_highrise - broken link)

Old 08-11-2009, 05:36 PM

917 posts, read 2,614,476 times
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/t...ssistowers.jpg

Old 08-11-2009, 05:53 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
Ghetto land right around there!!! It's right near the MLK area, serious hood area.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:09 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Yep. The ghetto butts right up against downtown. Another thing that is not great about downtown is that there is not a decent way to get there.

If you go up 41, it is not as bad, although not great, but if you come in from MLK it is a disaster.

Funny. The Oasis website say that they are doing resells on Phase 1 and 2. Hard to sell when you haven't sold many to begin with. I mean, there's one family living in one tower.

Oasis Condominium Fort Myers, Oasis riverfront and waterfront condominium homes, condominium residences and waterfront real estate in Fort Myers. Oasis Condominium gated community, waterfront homes, condos and condominiums. Fort Myers preconstruction

Old 08-12-2009, 11:22 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,531,128 times
The consensus seems to be that this is not the best area to live. Let's try to keep the reasons for that socioeconomic and not racial.

Thanks, Frank

Old 08-16-2009, 07:46 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
If you move in, I'm three towers over and can see your tower as I write this. I've been here about 1.5 years now as a renter and have been fortunate to take advantage of the housing down-turn by getting basement lease rates on almost a $1MM property.

As stated above the area surrounding the towers isn't the greatest but I will say it isn't that bad. Seaboard is kind of a barrier between the ghetto and the "Revitalized" portion of downtown proper. So anywhere East of Seaboard on both Palm Beach & MLK is where brown town begins. But it really take a few miles before it's "bad" and even then it's more on the side streets then Palm Beach / MLK.

I take Fowler & Evans to and from work every day and have not had 1 incident. There are also some nice bars / restaraunts in downtown. Also publix is a 5 min drive and McGregor makes for a beautiful running path on the weekends (specifically around the Edison Home). Also during the week you've got some good events at the Edison restaraunt just down McGregor. All n All we are happy here and plan to stay a few more years until the market turns around.

I'd suggest doing a 1 year lease to test the water before buying!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:46 AM

1 posts, read 11,032 times
I was just in downtown fort meyers area last night and it was quite impressive, loved it the bars, the hotel with the rooftop bar and pool, I came on the computer to look up realestate there, for a small business, saw your article and had to reply,its very nice would definitely recommend it you'll love it.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:45 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
But..... Did you also go about 2 streets over from where you were? Lets see if you give that a nice review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area