Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 6,939 times

Advertisements

Each unit owner pays for their own water, cable, etc. All we pay is $310.00 a month for all other luxurious ammenities, which include "None" MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 03:00 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Peeved...I really feel bad for you...that is so unfair.Unfortunately,years ago,the state bowed to the builders lobby and allowed HOA's in forclose for assoc fees. They have the same stature as your mortgage.I researched it before I bought.....got scared off and bought a home instead of a condo....it's happening everywhere....think you're screwed.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:34 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
The OP last posted 14 months ago and hasn't been back.....

Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 PM

3 posts, read 19,890 times
can they foreclose on my house at 30 days past due

Old 01-09-2010, 07:02 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Dcap5,I think you have plenty of time....last thing a bank wants is another forclosure in this market.I would definately talk to them......but don't let them add on a bunch of interest and penalties......maybe interest only for a while until you get squared away.Do a little research on what others have done. Good luck

Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
It's old, but an interesting thread.

If his neighbors didn't pay their water bill, that is between the water company and the neighbor. If the bill for those units goes uncollected they will a) shut off the water and b) send the bill to a collections company.

I am sure that the water bill is part of expenses incurred by the HOA such as watering the landscape, the pool, etc. Now, if there are less neighbors then yes, the bill will be higher. But I'm not sure the OP understood that. He said, basically, hey I pay my water bills. Well, your HOA does have expenses and one of them is water.

I just thought I'd point that out.

It's against the law to force someone to have to pay someone else's personal water bill.

I think there are a lot of people out there that really don't understand HOA laws.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:58 AM

17 posts, read 63,238 times
SUE SUE SUE, THE ASS. DOESN'T HAVE $$$ TO FIGHT YOU

Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 AM

65 posts, read 135,156 times
Lesson!

Stay away from HOA

Old 01-15-2010, 12:07 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDog View Post
Lesson!

Stay away from HOA
GatorDog, the flip side to that is, no HOA, a great chance that you get a slum next door which will kill your resale chances and value. No rules, no values, they don't give a poop about the house/people next door. just wanna place to park their rusty old school bus cause it will carry all the family of 12 to the beach or park on the weekend.

We just can't win......

Old 01-15-2010, 12:20 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeved View Post
Last month I received a $2500 assesment from my homeowners association which is ridiculous!

Here's the situation...I bought in at the peak, only mortgage, not a flipper...etc. My mortgage is $150k and the market here I would be lucky to get 100K for this 1 bedoroom condo. So when I saw this assessment I was like mod cut you! Our complex has almost a 50% foreclosure rate because of all the prospectors that bought in when they went condo.
My real question is, they are threatening foreclosure on ME! Can they really foreclose on my property because I refuse to pay this ridiculous assessment?

If it would help I can scan the letter that was sent to me.
ask for " in writing" for a copy of your condo doc's and find where it states about your situation. If I'm not mistaken they have 10 days to get you your copy or they are in violation of Florida state law. they can be fined a small amount for each day they do not produce. up to i think $1000. You might have some ammo with this. Also, once you get those doc's, read and study the restrictions, see if the board is enforcing EVERYONE OF THEM, if not, threaten to sue them for "selective enforcement" again, this might give you some ammo. Condo's and HOA's have set rules and they MUST enforce each and every one of them due to the laws of Florida. You have the right as an owner of said unit to see ALL RECORDS that the association has in it's possession except those of a personal nature. Request to see the list of all delinquent owners. Ask to see the minutes of the meeting that took place when they voted on this measure, who voted, was it valid? buck up on condo law , or you will have no ground! OR, stop paying everything and join in with those who are making the rest of us pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: