Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 PM

11 posts, read 21,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrnwriter View Post
Hello everyone-
I am moving to the cape coral / fort myers area soon- just not sure where.
I come from NY (Long Island)-and am weary of the pace, weather, cost of living etc.
I have a few questions: Is the san Carlos park area of FM decent?
what are the nice things about each area (CC vs. FM) that you can tell me about? what are the draw backs?
I am married with grown kids but still working as a nurse so I will most likely be able to get a job - my husband is a hardware computer technician and AV technician- what is his shot at getting work there?
Is cape coral a foreclosure "ghosttown"- someone told me that.........
We are really looking for a nice place to live, not too expensive as we can outright buy a house under 200K, and that I can actually know my neighbors..........what area would you suggest ? All opinions are welcome and would be appreciated.
I moved to Ft.Myers from NY 8 yrs ago. Grew up on LI. The best thing I can say about Ft. Myers is the weather is great. I would like to move from where I am (The reason I say this is because I live in a "gated" community. Too many restrictions for me, but you may value that type of thing.) I want more land. Overall, Cape Coral and Ft.myers are nice areas...but certain sections you would look to avoid, just like you would
on LI.
Getting a job is #1. Don't move, and don't buy until you've got that! Jobs are scarce all over the nation. The Cypress Lake Estates section could work for you. It's an older section of single-family homes, that has rentals
and sales definitely under $200K. Close to the hospitals and lots of medical care facilities. Close to everything else too. shopping beaches parks schools churches
I'm sorry can't tell you about San carlos park..but like I said every place has its certain sections. Cape coral has lots of ex NYers. And that is my 2cents. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 08:39 PM

3 posts, read 3,936 times
you said it all for real!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area