Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 02:18 PM

6 posts, read 9,318 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to Fort Myers from Chicago, so we are not too familiar with the area in regards to the best areas to live. We have a 55 lbs. dog which has proven to be another obstacle.. We are hoping to stay around $1,000.. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 10:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,566 times
Hi I was born and raised in lee county. I am very familair with the fort myers area and would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

When is the exact time that you plan on relocating?

Is there a specific work location for you or your husband that you would like to be close too?

Old 08-24-2015, 10:55 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,915,283 times
Check out the Ashlar. It has always been a well run, very nice apartment complex. Not sure about the rates or pet situation, but it is in a very nice, safe area too, and convenient to a lot of things like shopping, restaurants, etc.

Don

Old 08-25-2015, 11:52 AM

Thank you both! We are relocating for my husband's job, he is going to be work at a golf course near the airport... His start date is November 2nd! (We don't mind driving either... we both have hefty commutes now)

The advice I have gathered so far is... Stay away from Pine Manor.. Stay near Daniels...

My husband asked about Leigh Acres... but everything is too cheap there...which is a red flag to me.

I have also heard good things about the Gateway community.. but do you know if those are all privately rented condos?

Thank you!!

Old 08-26-2015, 09:05 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,580,618 times
If he will be working at airport Daniels Prkwy is good advice. Lots of nice places there.
Just keyword zip 33912 and look for apts. from there
Good luck to you.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:15 PM

249 posts, read 322,753 times
Lehigh Acres you ask? Run away in the opposite direction as fast as you can. There are a few nice areas there, but you can do much better elsewhere.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:40 PM

Thank you! That is what I figured! .. I just wanted to ask because my husband kept asking and saying "it can't be that bad" LOL

The apartments I am seriously considering are:

Bay Harbor Apts
Mirage Bay Apts
Iona Lakes
Promenade at Reflection lakes
Ashlar Apts
Royal Green (Gateway)

Also considering commuting from Naples.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:14 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,915,283 times
Oh, God NO........not Crime Manor !! Lehigh isn't too far behind. There are plenty of nice apartments in Ft Myers, like the Ashlar, that I mentioned, and Reflection Lakes, etc. The names you listed are the arm pit of SW Fl.

Don

Old 08-27-2015, 06:47 AM

Could you tell me which ones on my list are Crime Manor? ... Ashlar and Reflection Lakes are on my list.... The ones listed are all on or close to Daniels.

Thank you! I appreciate the help!

Old 08-27-2015, 02:43 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,373,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegWilliams View Post
Thank you! That is what I figured! .. I just wanted to ask because my husband kept asking and saying "it can't be that bad" LOL

The apartments I am seriously considering are:

Bay Harbor Apts
Mirage Bay Apts
Iona Lakes
Promenade at Reflection lakes
Ashlar Apts
Royal Green (Gateway)

Also considering commuting from Naples.
We are from the NW Chicago burbs and have owned a second home in Gateway for about 4 years that we use year round (we are in both places for parts of every month).

Royal Greens is a condo community within Gateway. It is the first residential community you reach after driving through the commercial section of Gateway off of Daniels. Some of the buildings are on the golf course. I think it is a gated community.

I am not sure about rentals, but I suspect a 55 pound dog would be a problem. The property looks to be well kept up from the outside, but I do not know how it is to live there.

Anything in Gateway would be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area