Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:39 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,572,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiB View Post
I would really think about moving to Port Charlotte for the schools. We moved here 2 years ago from the midwest and are moving back. The schools are not very good. Many of the children are very disrespectful and our son who is in 7th grade cannot believe all the drugs that are in their school. Honestly just because they say they are A rated doesn't really mean a lot. If you to www.schoolgrades.com you can see the rankings of the schools by state. Florida is 39th and I see why after being here. We are moving back. Yes the winters will be a little hard but it will be worth it. There are nice things about here but the bad outweighs the good from what we have seen.

All I know is my kids graduated from Charlotte High with honors and they made the right choices not to bother with troubled kids.

You will find troubled kids and drugs everywhere. Even in the midwest.
What about what happened in Columbine? It happens everywhere.
You can't get away from it unless you live in a bubble.
It even happens in private schools. Open your eyes!
I love when I hear people say "oh, my child wouldn't do that!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 10:30 AM

30 posts, read 59,811 times
Estero / Bonita Springs are reasonable, safe and have good schools. They are communities between Ft. Myers and Naples.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:23 AM

8 posts, read 12,051 times
My family and I are moving to Florida in Sept/Oct. We were thinking about the Cape Coral area as well seeing as my grandparents have a condo there. My mom is currently down in Florida checking out some neighborhoods. She has been driving around Whiskey Creek as well and has seen a few nice places and talked to people that were outside walking around in the neighborhoods.

Good luck in finding a place! It might be a good idea to rent around there before buying, i heard they are redoing stuff and people are getting charged for it by the city. Just as a heads up =)

Old 04-26-2015, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,726 times
Ft. Myers is congested from my point of view. I love in Cape Coral and am glad I do. The Cape is on the water, lots of waterfront lots available, bike trails, and mostly, traffic is non-existent. Traffic is bad on bridges because people work in Ft. myers, but live in the Cape. That's my 2cents.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:10 PM

390 posts, read 635,293 times
I wonder if the original poster is still looking for a place nine years later.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:59 PM

30 posts, read 59,811 times
From a native WI perspective, (as we always look out for Packer and Badger folks), try looking towards south Ft.Myers, Estero and Bonita Springs. Safe and not yet overpriced.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:36 PM

180 posts, read 277,114 times
Default 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSnow4me View Post
I wonder if the original poster is still looking for a place nine years later.
Good catch! I was surprised reading the comments back in 2006 that Cape was so overpriced. It isnt now. I assume the crash fixed that. But why was Cape so overpriced back then? It looks to me that Cape, port Charlotte and pg are pretty close in value now, altho i am not down there to see for myself, just looking online. Could Cape get that overpriced once again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area