Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 04:42 PM

48 posts, read 145,594 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for input as to which areas in Fort Myers and Cape Coral are safe and a good place to live. There are always a lot of opinions thrown around so I want to get everyone's input so I can research those areas a little more. Also why do you consider the area(s) to be good or bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 12:17 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr021505 View Post
I'm looking for input as to which areas in Fort Myers and Cape Coral are safe and a good place to live. There are always a lot of opinions thrown around so I want to get everyone's input so I can research those areas a little more. Also why do you consider the area(s) to be good or bad?
Cape Coral is pretty much a "get what you paid for" type of place. The nicest areas usually have the more expensive homes and the cheapest areas are usually that for a reason. There are only pockets of not so nice areas and I hate to generalize because even some of the areas I mention will have some nice areas within them. but The area in the NE around Hancock, the apartments that are alongside Del Prado, and There is an area just south of Cape Coral pkwy in the SE section . Most of these areas are easily identified by apartments vs single family homes. So as a generality but certainly not a rule, if you are in an area that is all single family homes it is likely OK areas with lots of multi family and high density of rentals probably not as nice.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:49 PM

48 posts, read 145,594 times
Thanks for the input!

Old 12-10-2013, 06:36 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
My cousin lives in Cape Coral, she told me to focus on the following zip codes in Cape Coral

33904, 33914, 33990, 33991. I believe these areas already have city water and sewer versus septic as well.

Last edited by njkate; 12-10-2013 at 07:06 AM..

Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
I prefer South Ft. Myers to the Cape... Generally south of Colonial and west of I-75 is "nice"; however, I'd prefer to be on Daniels south or west of US 41. Obviously most of Bonita, Estero, and Three Oaks are nice. Stay away from San Carlos, Pine Manor, Lehigh, downtown FTM, Harlem Heights, and you're likely in a good area.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:16 PM

47 posts, read 147,086 times
Kate those zips are just the southern most zip codes within Cape Coral. There is a wide fluctuation of desirability within those zip codes. You are right, most the properties within those zip codes are on city utilities or soon to be.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:07 PM

23 posts, read 64,513 times
I live in zipcode 33991 in the Palmetto Pine neighborhood(SW Cape) and its a very nice place,especially if you have kids. Were surrounded by canals for the most part so there aren't cut through streets which means the kids can ride their bikes and play ball in the street,its also not a gated community so you don't have stupid fees to pay each month.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olereb View Post
I live in zipcode 33991 in the Palmetto Pine neighborhood(SW Cape) and its a very nice place,especially if you have kids. Were surrounded by canals for the most part so there aren't cut through streets which means the kids can ride their bikes and play ball in the street,its also not a gated community so you don't have stupid fees to pay each month.
That's a major plus

Old 12-13-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltspla View Post
Kate those zips are just the southern most zip codes within Cape Coral. There is a wide fluctuation of desirability within those zip codes. You are right, most the properties within those zip codes are on city utilities or soon to be.
Just following my cousin's cue who has lived there for decades.....especially since I wouldn't want to buy a place on well and septic and have to cough up those fees when those neighborhoods decide to hook up to city water and sewers as it isn't cheap...

Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 AM

964 posts, read 2,064,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Just following my cousin's cue who has lived there for decades.....especially since I wouldn't want to buy a place on well and septic and have to cough up those fees when those neighborhoods decide to hook up to city water and sewers as it isn't cheap...
There is a wide fluctuation in the SE - for example, I live down by the river - not on water at all, though - but getting here involves passing the sketchy Coronado and El Dorado areas. Once you get in my area, though - it's generally awesome.

However, I don't see much difference in the NE or NW either - some of those new homes are just as trashy looking. It's all about if the neighborhood is primarily owners or renters, I think.....if I were buying again, I'd try to find out that breakdown prior. The two homes in my immediate vicinity that are on the edge are both single family home renters.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area