Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:32 PM

196 posts, read 506,214 times

Advertisements

6/2/12

Just today in the News Press stated the prices have dropped .09%, from a yr ago. However , it seems prices have gone up a bit! Well as far as I go,,,enough is enough,,we have decided to pack up leave the house in Realtors hands and come south.Well be in the Cape by the end of July! It will sell empty fast, shows beautiful empty,,just like when I first saw it, the difference is, we completely rennovated it. Move in and have fun!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 08:36 PM

693 posts, read 2,019,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobeach View Post
6/2/12

Just today in the News Press stated the prices have dropped .09%, from a yr ago. However , it seems prices have gone up a bit! Well as far as I go,,,enough is enough,,we have decided to pack up leave the house in Realtors hands and come south.Well be in the Cape by the end of July! It will sell empty fast, shows beautiful empty,,just like when I first saw it, the difference is, we completely rennovated it. Move in and have fun!!
I actually read yesterday that in Lehigh and Cape Coral the prices increased by .30% and something like .06% respectively(not positive on those numbers I think that's what I read). I know that Bonita Springs, Fort Myers Beach, and Sanibel have actually seen a decrease. So I think that decrease you are talking about might be the total for Lee County? I am not sure though, I really haven't been paying as close attention as I usually do.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,113,699 times
The article said lee county was down less than 1% but cape coral went up 3.5%. But this is not home values it it real estate property assessments based on all of 2011 all property types commercial, vacant land, industrial, condos, single family and multi family.

Depending on what you want to purchase and at what pricepoint could mean whether it has gone up or down in value.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:15 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,476,906 times
Some highlights:

Lee County’s real estate values leveled off from a five-year free fall, with the property appraiser Friday estimating that areas hit hardest by the housing market crash are rebounding.

Taxable property values in Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres increased last year by 3.53 percent and .72 percent respectively, according to the property appraiser’s initial estimate. Fort Myers, which also has seen drops in recent years, saw an increase of .25 percent.

Meanwhile, real estate values in the beach communities of Sanibel, Bonita Springs and Fort Myers Beach lost value, according to the estimate.

While current numbers indicate a .9 percent drop in countywide values, Property Appraiser Ken Wilkinson said he expects the figures will work out to an increase by the time he submits his report to the state on July 1.

Era of falling property values is over in Lee County | The News-Press | news-press.com

Old 06-03-2012, 09:54 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,359,634 times
The last job report should give you an indication of where things are headed.
Here they created a bubble with in a bubble and the Cape Coma city council is doing the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance because they can raise the taxes on property owners, so they have more money to waste on useless junk projects.
While the economy is head for a recession.
You gotta love this, it is unbelievable.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 AM

518 posts, read 1,236,174 times
After 4 years and they are still 30 million short per year. The economy is getting worst again due to high gas and broke countries. They need to balance there budgets back to 2002 and just quit spending money they will never have in there life time. The value of tax increase is flat but they are still talking of spending with no cuts. These people are nuts. The tax increases in the cape won't even cover the taxes for the 13 million in land they bought by illegal means.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:45 PM

7 posts, read 10,831 times
Prices have come up a bit in Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres. A house that might have sold for
$ 45,000 is now selling for about $55,000 - 60,000 depends on the location and house . However there are still a lot of short sales. Foreclosurs take longer now that robocourt had ended.
Don't forget to get your homestead in place the first of the year for real estate taxes and S.O.H (save our home) .
Good Luck and enjoy Paradise!

Old 06-03-2012, 03:58 PM

693 posts, read 2,019,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Some highlights:

Lee County’s real estate values leveled off from a five-year free fall, with the property appraiser Friday estimating that areas hit hardest by the housing market crash are rebounding.

Taxable property values in Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres increased last year by 3.53 percent and .72 percent respectively, according to the property appraiser’s initial estimate. Fort Myers, which also has seen drops in recent years, saw an increase of .25 percent.

Meanwhile, real estate values in the beach communities of Sanibel, Bonita Springs and Fort Myers Beach lost value, according to the estimate.

While current numbers indicate a .9 percent drop in countywide values, Property Appraiser Ken Wilkinson said he expects the figures will work out to an increase by the time he submits his report to the state on July 1.

Era of falling property values is over in Lee County | The News-Press | news-press.com
That's I read. I was way off on the amounts though!

Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,957,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by char727 View Post
Prices have come up a bit in Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres. A house that might have sold for
$ 45,000 is now selling for about $55,000 - 60,000 depends on the location and house . However there are still a lot of short sales. Foreclosurs take longer now that robocourt had ended.
Don't forget to get your homestead in place the first of the year for real estate taxes and S.O.H (save our home) .
Good Luck and enjoy Paradise!
The whole name SOH seems a bit telling.(lol seriously weird name) What are insurance rates on homes like in CC and FM?
Has FEMA started hitting everybody up even more there as well?
Yeah, I think we have more impending financial issues looming so tricky market.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 AM

29 posts, read 57,685 times
The numbers can be very confusing. But as a realtor, I've seen prices go up something like 20-25% this year over last year in Cape Coral. Now that is for single family homes under about the $250,000 mark. Basically you can make numbers show anything you want. But I assume what you want to know is how much more or less you will have to pay for a home here. And that is the number. Of course, this area was the hardest hit when the bubble burst so the prices are only beginning to creep back up to a normal level. We are still under-valued in my opinion, and bargains can still be found. Prices on more expensive homes and condos have not increased as much. July is a great time to buy here. The 'snowbirds' are gone and not artificially inflating prices. And sellers are more motivated since there aren't as many buyers in the market. Hope this help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area