Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 11:45 AM

46 posts, read 219,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
The violent crime in Lehigh is almost 3 times higher than the National average. I can't post you a link, because it will get a mod cut, but google it and you will see. Any town that has homes for sale on Ebay for less than $50k is probably a place to avoid. Lehigh has all the problems of a major city, but isn't one. Not sure what part you live in, but I have never heard anyone refer to Lehigh as a "Country Side."
I believe those home prices are due to the housing collapse and foreclosures....not due to crime levels.

That's part of my allure about the type of homes you can get there for $50k. Lift that house up and plop it into my neighborhood where there is not such a glut of empty housing and that same house would be around $150k here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 12:00 PM

693 posts, read 2,014,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanin502 View Post
I believe those home prices are due to the housing collapse and foreclosures....not due to crime levels.

That's part of my allure about the type of homes you can get there for $50k. Lift that house up and plop it into my neighborhood where there is not such a glut of empty housing and that same house would be around $150k here.
You are partly correct. The prices are due to do the supply and demand. The supply of homes in Lehigh is super high because it's dumpy, unsafe, and no one wants to live there (the demand), therefore they have to try to sell these houses at what seems like a ridiculously low price, yet they are on the market for long periods of time, unless they more or less give the home away. The foreclosure and housing collapse hit CC too, but you rarely see single family homes selling for what seems like an insane price and if you do it's only on the market for a very short time. There's a reason a 1700 sq. ft house is selling for $39k, it doesn't matter if it's a short sale or foreclosure, the price reflects the area. The same house in Ft Myers or Cape Coral would be at least double that.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:10 PM

205 posts, read 422,237 times
LOOK AT THE CHART FOR CAPE CORAL #348 (48.07 ) = below national average

Press using reported data from the F.B.I. "Crime in the United States 2009"

*Includes murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft. A negative score (in parentheses) indicates a
composite crime number below the national rate, a positive number is above the national rate.
Attached Thumbnails
Lehigh high acres-crime-1.jpg   Lehigh high acres-crime-2.jpg  

Old 12-11-2011, 10:32 PM

Default Not ----- 3 times higher national average

Look at the chart below, I don't see Lehigh Acre's crime as 3 times higher the National average, thats a bunch of !@#$%^&*()

Rape is a little higher, but not 3 times the National average
Attached Thumbnails
Lehigh high acres-crime-3.jpg  

Old 12-12-2011, 10:47 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
LOOK AT THE CHART FOR CAPE CORAL #348 (48.07 ) = below national average

Press using reported data from the F.B.I. "Crime in the United States 2009"

*Includes murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft. A negative score (in parentheses) indicates a
composite crime number below the national rate, a positive number is above the national rate.
Lehigh Acres and Cape Coral are not the same thing. Not even close. It's 50 minutes and a lifetime away. Cape Coral's stats having nothing to do with Lehigh. Have you ever been there? I mean you just bought a lot, or whatever, on Pine Island and you suddenly are an expert on Lehigh? You seem like a nice guy and all but people come here looking for help. They are making enormous life-altering decisions. I'm sure when you first came on here, only a few months ago, you wanted to get the best information possible.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
Look at the chart below, I don't see Lehigh Acre's crime as 3 times higher the National average, thats a bunch of !@#$%^&*()

Rape is a little higher, but not 3 times the National average
Um, it is not a bunch of whatever...good golly.

http://http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=crimeActivity/index (broken link)

How about this, why don't you call up the police department and ask them? And they are not a bunch of hicks, either. Most come from areas like NYC and Detroit.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:09 AM

Just look at the chart below about Lehigh.

I'm not sure why this is a problem for you.

I guess I should have left Cape Coral out of it, but it had such a good record I just had to post it. You people should be very proud of the good place your living in. I live in St. Louis #1 worst crime in the U.S.
I know what crime is.
Attached Thumbnails
Lehigh high acres-crime-4.jpg  

Last edited by easytim; 12-12-2011 at 12:01 PM..

Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 AM

374 posts, read 796,781 times
Seriously... what is the difficulty here... You look up on chart/statistic and you claim you have done your homework? Perhaps you did your homework but it will be graded a BIG fat F. Regardless, why must you argue... if you like the idea of buying in an area that has a bad reputation and thus never gains any value (homes) then go for it... Enjoy renting to the lowest of the low and not getting much of a return on your investment. I did my homework and thank god I didn't buy there. Enjoy!

Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Unbelieveable. And it's not like we didn't discuss this information on this thread, already. Where are the stats from? Any idea? How old are they? Do you know? Of course not, although it is a competing website and against the terms of service to even post that cute little chart. Did you even read this thread?

In the meantime, Tim, why don't you sell your lot on Pine Island and go buy over in Lehigh, you like it so much? I love how people think that the people living in Southwest Florida area bunch of country bumpkins that just materialized. Most of them come from high-crime areas that's why the crime rates often don't faze them. But as I have said many a time, when you have to compare the area to Detroit you've lost your argument. That goes for St. Louis, too.

But here's what I don't understand. There are numerous threads over the years that talk about Cape Coral's low crime rate. In fact I told you about it when you first joined City-Data!

I love it when people buy something in the area and then turn around and become instant experts. How long have you lived in the area, Tim? Oh, that's right. Never. You didn't answer my question, either. Ever been to Lehigh Acres? We've also said over and over that it is more than just crime stats. The place is a pit, plain and simple, some place that most people wouldn't live in even if you paid them.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:11 PM

The information I posted about Lehigh was from CLRsearch Google it

The internet is a wonderful thing, nothing wrong with some research.

Last edited by easytim; 12-12-2011 at 02:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area