Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,531,271 times

Advertisements

This thread needs to be moved. Now we have people responding that don't have any ties to the area.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:19 AM

23,189 posts, read 26,376,928 times
You are right in that it is not an issue for any specific area.....until they are brought into an area.
At that point they can develop into an issue.
For instance, with the library....whoever sat in the chairs there can have possibly acquired a hitchhiker.......whoever brought books home from the library could have brought home more than just reading material.
Whoever visits that house.....well...on and on.

If you have any concerns about your area or are traveling, just type the name of the nasty critters into Google...you'll find plenty of hints and suggestions .
One thing helpful is to be in this nice warm climate.
If you can get your car up over about 120 degrees, you can bake whatever is in there

Old 11-14-2010, 11:53 AM

14,268 posts, read 19,031,788 times
What's interesting is that, although FL has a lot of insects, we're way down on the list of cities with the highest infestations of bed bugs. The West Nile virus is also more common in other states. A few days ago a case of Dengue Fever was reported in Miami. That's something more serious to worry about, but that's only 1 person in 18.6 million although there have been a couple of other cases reported on the East Coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
One thing helpful is to be in this nice warm climate.
If you can get your car up over about 120 degrees, you can bake whatever is in there
Not to change the subject, but your post is exactly why people should never leave pets in a hot car.

Regarding the hot weather and the sun, many bugs will die in direct sunlight after a couple of hours. I learned this when I got fleas from some stray cats I let camp out on my lanai one cold winter. I treated the mat and chairs, but I also put them outside in the sunlight after learning this helpful hint.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:04 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,575,849 times
As it has been pointed out, this is a national issue, not one unique to the local area. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area