Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 02:56 PM

16 posts, read 17,987 times

Advertisements

Not sure if y'all read some of my previous posts but I'm planning a move to Fort Lauderdale or a surrounding area and am actively looking for apartments on a somewhat tight budget. I've found two that I'm going to further inquire about.
4450 military trail pompano beach fl 33064

241 northeast 38 street Fort Lauderdale
Above are the two adressss. Are these in a safe area?
Any suggestions for gated safe apartments looking for studios or one bedroom 950-1200 max
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 03:36 PM

64 posts, read 71,053 times
I know that area of Oakland Park has improved greatly over the years but I am not familiar enough with the two areas to give a good opinion. Have you tried driving by at different hours/days?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:51 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,906,584 times
At least do a Google Street View

Old 09-10-2016, 07:21 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,677,273 times
Neither are outstanding, but both are safe enough. It's not somewhere you'll go for an evening walk, but you won't feel out of place or terribly unsafe either.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:10 PM

16 posts, read 17,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferWessel View Post
I know that area of Oakland Park has improved greatly over the years but I am not familiar enough with the two areas to give a good opinion. Have you tried driving by at different hours/days?
No I live 18 hours away lol

Old 09-11-2016, 11:29 AM

389 posts, read 670,661 times
What's been posted about that location in Oakland Park is true -- not outstanding, but in no way impoverished or dangerous. I'd describe it as a blue-collar area and better than it used to be (wouldn't want to go much farther west, though; the Andrews Avenue corridor is on the sketchy side). The nearby downtown Oakland Park area along Dixie Highway has a long way to go before it rivals Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale, but it's been cleaned up a lot in recent years and is looking a lot better than it used to. The Funky Buddha microbrewery in downtown Oakland Park is an excellent place to enjoy some really creative craft beers.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:16 PM

3,492 posts, read 3,411,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraRN View Post
Not sure if y'all read some of my previous posts but I'm planning a move to Fort Lauderdale or a surrounding area and am actively looking for apartments on a somewhat tight budget. I've found two that I'm going to further inquire about.
4450 military trail pompano beach fl 33064

241 northeast 38 street Fort Lauderdale
Above are the two adressss. Are these in a safe area?
Any suggestions for gated safe apartments looking for studios or one bedroom 950-1200 max
Did you look at the second sticky in this forum? It contains a colored coded safety map of Broward County.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:13 PM

164 posts, read 230,655 times
As a native Floridian born in Miami and living in broward county for decades, I have to say that if crime is your biggest concern I would not consider Southeast Florida at all. There are small areas where you will be safer than other areas, but once you leave that area you have to travel through high crime areas. And honestly, I don't feel safe anywhere in South Florida.Road rage can happen anywhere, and down here on the tip of America it will almost always involve gunfire. One has to always be on guard and observant of your environment. There are a million terrific things about living here, but you have to accept that crime of all types comes with it. That is why I say if crime is a major concern, don't bother. If it is just an average concern, then pick your areas wisely and exercise caution and you will be fine.

With that said, I should say being born here I remember the days when we didn't bother locking our doors. I remember when I murder was shocking. Now we have anywhere from 3 to 6 people murdered most weekends and it doesn't even make the front pages. It is routine.

I am also leaving Florida very soon, so obviously I am not happy here. Consider that when you read my words.

Good luck.
D. Humeston

Old 09-11-2016, 06:22 PM

227 posts, read 252,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humeston View Post
As a native Floridian born in Miami and living in broward county for decades, I have to say that if crime is your biggest concern I would not consider Southeast Florida at all. There are small areas where you will be safer than other areas, but once you leave that area you have to travel through high crime areas. And honestly, I don't feel safe anywhere in South Florida.Road rage can happen anywhere, and down here on the tip of America it will almost always involve gunfire. One has to always be on guard and observant of your environment. There are a million terrific things about living here, but you have to accept that crime of all types comes with it. That is why I say if crime is a major concern, don't bother. If it is just an average concern, then pick your areas wisely and exercise caution and you will be fine.

With that said, I should say being born here I remember the days when we didn't bother locking our doors. I remember when I murder was shocking. Now we have anywhere from 3 to 6 people murdered most weekends and it doesn't even make the front pages. It is routine.

I am also leaving Florida very soon, so obviously I am not happy here. Consider that when you read my words.

Good luck.
D. Humeston
Can you say major paranoia?

Crime is everywhere. You can't trust anyone, anymore. You cannot live your life in fear because you can die tomorrow getting killed in a car accident.

I'll take my chance and live in one of the safer areas of Ft Lauderdale (i.e. Weston, Davie, Plantation, etc).

Carpe diem my friends

Old 09-19-2016, 08:29 PM

13 posts, read 26,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraRN View Post
No I live 18 hours away lol
Did you settle on a place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area