Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 07:48 AM

2 posts, read 5,493 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My husband and I are thinking of moving from NJ/NYC to Florida. We have narrowed it down to Parkland and West Boca.

We have a 3 year old and schools are definitely important to us. I already know that the school system cannot compare to that of the north east but would like opinions between the two places....also anything else that could help us pick between the 2! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 09:36 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
I would go to either Parkland or Central Boca with the best elem being Del Prado zip code being 33433 and I would really look at west boca to see if that is where you want to live...We moved to West Boca in 09 and after 6 months in the schools, and living in that area we decided it it was too west for our liking and we loved the Central Boca Area alot better..The schools also in our opinion since we have 2 kids one in Elem and the other in HS we weren't too happy with them in West Boca...so We love where we live and am glad we made the switch.....I dont know which elem school is in Parkland as we weren't looking there...but you cant go wrong either..Just remember Parkland is in Broward County and Boca is in Palm Beach County...

good luck to you

Old 01-01-2011, 01:24 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,802,427 times
I would go with Parkland - but Boca is also not bad - both good choices for schools.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:07 PM

143 posts, read 416,126 times
We moved to Parkland in August & I have 3 kids in Heron Heights Elementary school. I am very happy with the school, it compares well with the schools in the area from NJ I am from - only larger I think due to the county system here. My first choice was actually West Boca because I heard fantastic things about Waters Edge Elementary & the middle/high schools in Boca. However, for my husband the commute would have been much worse, so Parkland it was. I know a lot of people find Parkland too "slow" and "rural". However I find it beautiful, peaceful & maybe a little off the beaten track. Definitely not as much to do as Boca- just depends what you are looking for.
Good luck with your move. Feel free to DM if you have any specific questions about places to live in Parkland.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:36 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytofl2011 View Post
Hi all! My husband and I are thinking of moving from NJ/NYC to Florida. We have narrowed it down to Parkland and West Boca.

We have a 3 year old and schools are definitely important to us. I already know that the school system cannot compare to that of the north east but would like opinions between the two places....also anything else that could help us pick between the 2! Thanks!
do you mind if i ask what prompted the move? i dont have any kids yet, but i probably will within a year or so. i plan to move from PA to CA in a few years. im curious how tough it is to move a far distance with young kids.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,493 times
Thanks everyone for your advice...

just1lion---we are thinking of moving because of work and I have a lot of family in South Florida. Not sure what the move is going to be like with a young child but keeping positive thoughts!

Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 PM

76 posts, read 241,074 times
Have you considered Cooper City or Weston? Both have excellent schools

Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 PM

12 posts, read 73,594 times
Default Moving to Parkland, Coral Springs of Boca

We are a family of 5 (3 kids) who are hoping to move to Florida for the start of the new school year. We have been looking at Coral Springs area but also interested in Parkland and Boca. Having great schools for the kids is the most important thing and having 3 kids who will need a high school and a middle school.

Obviously being from the UK the whole school system and enrollment criteria is totally different so it would be great to have some advice. We are coming for a visit next month and so will visit all the areas but will only have a week to look at things.

Hope to hear from people from that area.

Amanda

Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 AM

166 posts, read 384,473 times
We have lived in Parkland for 24 years and raised 2 boys from kindergarten to college. We think they got a private school education for a public school price!! Parkland schools were just rated #1 by Forbes magazine. You can view the article on our website at www.ParklandExpert.com. Good luck on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area