Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 PM

40 posts, read 143,900 times

Advertisements

Looking at relocating to the Plantation area. Can any one give insight regarding the schools as well as the overall reputation of Plantation General Hospital. Do local people use/trust the hospital or go elsewhere? Is the public school system good or is private school necessary? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 04:52 PM

58 posts, read 117,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen-golf View Post
Looking at relocating to the Plantation area. Can any one give insight regarding the schools as well as the overall reputation of Plantation General Hospital. Do local people use/trust the hospital or go elsewhere? Is the public school system good or is private school necessary? Thanks.
I don't think the schools in East Plantation area(where Plantation General is located) are all that great and the hospital itself is not in the greatest area either. I haven't heard great things about this hospital, but I also could be somewhat biased because I work for Holy Cross Hospital in Ft Lauderdale. There is another hospital in West Plantation area called Westside Regional and they are located in a better area and I haven't heard too many derogatory things about it. I'm thinking that schools may be better out west as opposed to east. Could be wrong about that though. My child and I don't live in Plantation area, so I am only going by what I have heard other people say. Hope my two cents helps.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 PM

Thanks for the response.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:05 PM

58 posts, read 117,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen-golf View Post
Thanks for the response.
You're quite welcome Zen-golf.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 PM

154 posts, read 552,352 times
Default Westside Regional Hospital

Westside Regional in Plantation gave me phenomenal service before/during/after surgery 2 weeks ago. Wow! I loved that the RN's wore big tags that said RN on them so you never had to guess who was an RN and who not. Everybody was so super nice and they made sure that I wasn't in any pain. The head anesthesiologist was great too.

I can't say enough about the place...stayed only one night. They do things right there.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:10 PM

112 posts, read 413,824 times
That is good to hear, southfl1!

I know nothing about the hospitals, but I do know where I live, the elementary school (Central Park) is phenomenal, but for middle and high school, the boundary lines change and it is understood that you do NOT send your kids to public middle and high. Indian Ridge Middle is much closer to my house (and supposed to be a good school), but my district is Plantation Middle and Plantation High. So check that out before you relocate. I am in Plantation Acres, between Hiatus and Flamingo, and between 595 and Sunrise Blvd.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:30 PM

Thanks!

Old 07-16-2010, 02:01 PM

154 posts, read 552,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini View Post
That is good to hear, southfl1!

I know nothing about the hospitals, but I do know where I live, the elementary school (Central Park) is phenomenal, but for middle and high school, the boundary lines change and it is understood that you do NOT send your kids to public middle and high. Indian Ridge Middle is much closer to my house (and supposed to be a good school), but my district is Plantation Middle and Plantation High. So check that out before you relocate. I am in Plantation Acres, between Hiatus and Flamingo, and between 595 and Sunrise Blvd.
Don't swear off public schools......try to get your children redistricted!

Also, if your area of Plantation is unhappy with the middle and HS you have been districted for, you need to let your school board member know and form a grass-roots effort of homeowners to get your boundaries changed. I can give you more information on this as I am a community activist.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:48 AM

112 posts, read 413,824 times
Thank you, southfl1! I know we discussed this on a previous thread, but if you could PM me with some info, that would be great. I might pass it along to someone I was talking to recently that would be interested and would take an active role. I would love to help out...it would certainly help resale value if we had a better school district. My DD is entering middle school this year, and she is attending the same private school she attended when we lived in Weston. She has been there since Prek3 and will stay there until 8th grade. High school will be ArchBishop McCarthy. Weston has great schools, so I liked knowing I could always fall back on them if my husbands business took a nosedive. Since we only have one child, though, I know we can always "suck it up" and make her tuition payment.

So send me some info to get us started. I would really appreciate it, and so would most of my neighbors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area