Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,897 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating from California to Colorado in a senior living development. Any thoughts of what area is better - Fort Collins or Windsor - or any other areas? We want to be in a single family unattached home. Would greatly appreciate any info you'd like give. And - does anyone have thoughts on Vegas vs. Colorado??? Joy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 03:43 PM

423 posts, read 1,959,382 times
Hi Joy, Fort Collins and Windsor are nice areas and have many patio homes for senior living. The Loveland area is nice also. In fact there is a very nice area by horseshoe lake in Loveland. I am not sure what your price range is but I am sure you will not have any problems finding something to fit your needs.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:49 PM

4 posts, read 15,468 times
I would say windsor or loveland! there are some beautiful patio homes right off main in windsor that are great, and convienently located. Loveland Is nice too. Lots of options there, especially around Lake Loveland, and even Boyd lake has lots of NEW patio homes.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:13 AM

5 posts, read 17,627 times
We must be thinking along the same lines Joy, since both my wife and I are also considering a move to Northern Colorado, Las Vegas, or Southwest Utah.

You mentioned interest in a “senior living development”. Did you mean an age restricted community? If so, I’m sure you will find numerous communities restricted to those 55 and over in Las Vegas. I’m not sure there are any in the Northern Colorado area. Personally, we’d prefer a community with all ages.

You also asked for thoughts on Vegas vs. Northern Colorado. My wife was born and raised in Las Vegas and we travel there every year. We met in Greeley CO when she attended school at UNC. We lived in Greeley from 1969 to 1986 when a job transfer moved us to upstate NY. We are now both of retirement age and are planning a move back out west next spring. We could easily be happy in either place, but Northern Colorado is now tops on our list because of our interests and lifestyle.

IMHO…Las Vegas trumps Northern Colorado in: taxes, night life, entertainment, shopping, convenience to air travel, and housing choices. Northern Colorado beats Las Vegas in traffic, crime, water situation, outdoor activities and people with a stronger sense of community. I’d also say the climate is better in Colorado because of the oppressive heat in Vegas from mid-June to mid-September but then again, to each his own. Housing prices may also favor Northern Colorado, but with the recent housing market crash and huge number of foreclosures in Vegas, that may no longer be true.

If you can be more specific about your interests, perhaps folks on this forum can be more helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area