Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2006, 01:56 PM

371 posts, read 1,362,507 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are considering moving next year and have a few locations in mind. Colorado is one of them. We only know about Ft. Collins from what we've read about it (though are willing to check out other, similar places in Co). But I'm confused about the weather. Some people I've talked to mention how cold it is out there in the winter and I do see that there's plenty of snow. But others talk about it being mild. Which is it and why the variable information?

Since weather is such a tricky thing, it might help to use something for reference: we'll be moving from just north of NYC.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2006, 03:43 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
People's opinions depend on their references. My cousin from Florida, who has never experienced snow thinks its frigid 90% of the time.

As someone from Maryland, it's 90% mild 8% cold and 2% frigid. And no humidity.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:45 AM

66 posts, read 494,017 times
Hi,

I have lived in Northern Colorado since I was 6 years old. I would have to say that because the area is in a semi-arid climate, that it is mild most of the time.

When it snows along the Front Range (Fort Collins area), it ususally is gone in a matter of days. The mountains receive much more and it stays the entire winter, which is what the ski resorts want.

The weather here can change alot in a short amount of time. I can remember in the late '80s, it was sub zero for 2 weeks straight. I can also remember golfing over Christmas time.

All in all, a mild climate with very low humidity. Just depends on what you are used to.

If you are looking at relocating to Northern Colorado, let me know. I can help you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area