Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:31 PM

72 posts, read 186,157 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I just put an offer on a house that's a potential short sale,the asking price is 161,000 and i offer 140,000, i'm pre approved already,the house it's been on the market for 171 days,is my offer to low? I haven't heard anything from the listing agent that told us that there's several offers,i's been 5 days
Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,467,108 times
Without knowing what the price of other nearby homes of similar age, size and condition it is impossible to know if your offer is too low, too high or just right. Sadly even if your offer is "just right" based on comparisions to recently sold properties there are still an awful lot of lenders in terrible disarray and they may not respond to the seller in a timely manner -- in short atttempting to buy a shortsale is a very haphazard and frustrating process.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:01 PM

25 posts, read 228,001 times
sounds like they are waiting for higher offers or telling you other offer are there just to make you raise your offer. If you like the house offer more, if you don't care look for another house and if this ones comes through then good. Even when it is accepted by the seller and agent it could take months for the bank to approve/reject your offer. Look at the short sale timeline threads to get an ideal of others.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM

Thank you for all your responses,the comps around even in the same community are from 120k and up.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:01 PM

How long you suppose to wait to get a response after submitting an offer on a short sale? Why don't they tell you right away whether they rejected or accepted?

Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,877,205 times
Because they don't. It could take months.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 PM

114 posts, read 777,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antifeik View Post
How long you suppose to wait to get a response after submitting an offer on a short sale? Why don't they tell you right away whether they rejected or accepted?
A reputable realtor should take all the offers received to the seller within a few days to a week. I don't know if there is a set timeline that they have to submit the offers to the seller, but I wouldn't trust a realtor that takes longer than a week. They are just fishing for higher offers. If your offer is not accepted or rejected in two weeks, I would just move on, you probably don't want to deal with this realtor.

So far my short sale experience has been fairly pleasant, the seller, seller's realtor and my realtor have all been in constant contact and working together.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmiller741 View Post
A reputable realtor should take all the offers received to the seller within a few days to a week. I don't know if there is a set timeline that they have to submit the offers to the seller, but I wouldn't trust a realtor that takes longer than a week. They are just fishing for higher offers. If your offer is not accepted or rejected in two weeks, I would just move on, you probably don't want to deal with this realtor.

So far my short sale experience has been fairly pleasant, the seller, seller's realtor and my realtor have all been in constant contact and working together.
I mean,we even offer above the asking price 3 days ago and haven't heard anything from the listing agent,I hope we are dealing with a deligent agent,no wonder the economy is mess up....

Old 03-30-2012, 08:26 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Have the sellers qualified for a short sale? A BPO? Is there more than one mortgage on the property? Did the owners take premature equity out of the house? Are you in a recourse state?

It can takes month to hear back on a short and nothing is certain.

Increased certainty of closing ( a traditional sale) will likely cost more.

There's a risk/reward thing, here.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Have the sellers qualified for a short sale? A BPO? Is there more than one mortgage on the property? Did the owners take premature equity out of the house? Are you in a recourse state?

It can takes month to hear back on a short and nothing is certain.

Increased certainty of closing ( a traditional sale) will likely cost more.

There's a risk/reward thing, here.
The listing agent haven't give us a response whether the seller accept or rejected our offer,i know agents fish for offers,but isn't this unethical?
We even offer above asking price,ugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs