Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 06:08 PM

496 posts, read 446,809 times

Advertisements

I have a 2016 Ford Taurus, and it has the information screens on either side of the speedometer dial, which can be changed to show different displays or settings. On the window sticker, it says the right screen is for displaying phone, audio, navigation or climate. I however only have the first three, there is no climate adjustment on the list. Is it possible to get it added on somehow?

Also, on the left screen, I've seen in pictures of Fords (including other Taurus) when I was looking online have a bar graph style tachometer that shows up next to the fuel bar when on certain display modes such as digital speedometer or fuel economy. On mine, I don't have that tach bar graph, mine only has the analog tach that shows up with either fuel bar or fuel and coolant temp. If I'm showing distance to empty, fuel economy, etc there's no tach. I'm assuming this is something they added after 2016 and can it be added to mine?

I also don't seem to have a screen that shows the tire pressures. I'm kind of surprised about that. Do any Fords have that and can I get that as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 06:41 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,351,757 times
They add more every year, my 2017 F150 has more that I could ever need, even tracks multiple trailers and the miles I tow them. Normally the software can not be upgraded to a later year, but ask your dealer service department.

Old 03-08-2019, 10:03 AM

15,804 posts, read 20,559,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgoingon4 View Post
I have a 2016 Ford Taurus, and it has the information screens on either side of the speedometer dial, which can be changed to show different displays or settings. On the window sticker, it says the right screen is for displaying phone, audio, navigation or climate. I however only have the first three, there is no climate adjustment on the list. Is it possible to get it added on somehow?

Also, on the left screen, I've seen in pictures of Fords (including other Taurus) when I was looking online have a bar graph style tachometer that shows up next to the fuel bar when on certain display modes such as digital speedometer or fuel economy. On mine, I don't have that tach bar graph, mine only has the analog tach that shows up with either fuel bar or fuel and coolant temp. If I'm showing distance to empty, fuel economy, etc there's no tach. I'm assuming this is something they added after 2016 and can it be added to mine?

I also don't seem to have a screen that shows the tire pressures. I'm kind of surprised about that. Do any Fords have that and can I get that as well?

The current model Taurus was refreshed in 2013 and pretty much stayed the same other than minor tweaks. In 2013, the right hand menu DID display all 4 menu options, but in 2014 ford chose to remove the CLIMATE control from the right screen for some reason.

As for the tachometer, the best way to explain it is this. Ford uses their control software in a a few different version cars. The fusion and F150 have their own software, but the Taurus shares it's software with the flex, explorer and some year Edges. That means the software has all the features from all 4 cars in it. If one car has the ability to do something, in theory it's available to all of the models. You just need to know how to turn it on.

So i send you to this thread, and this spreadsheet. If you read the thread, the removal of the climate menu option in 2014 is discussed

https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/114...dule-data.html

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...OW_-cRixqVIJWM

Basically what that program does (and it's all free BTW other than your USB to OBD2 interface) does is allow you turn on and off the little bits of data that turn a feature on/off. For example you can turn off DRLs, or change the number of blinks the turn signal does when you half press the stalk. If your Taurus is AWD, you can turn on the Intelligent AWD gauge from the explorer. You can turn on the engine hours meter from the police cars. You can enable NAV, and other things. Once of the things recently discovered is how to change the level of electronic steering assist from the motor to give you the firmer steering feel from one of the higher end sporty SHO models.

Adding climate control to the menu screen is one MANY people are trying to figure out, but have yet to do.

I have a 2014 Taurus, and i've used that program to:

Enable Navigation
Change turn signal blinks from 3 to 5
Disable the double honk when you exit the car with the engine running (keyless ignition)
Disable DRL
Engine hours meter
AWD gauge
Added heating steering wheel (required hardware, but then i had to enable the softtouch button to activate it)
anda few other features.

Old 03-09-2019, 02:13 PM

496 posts, read 446,809 times
Thanks for the information. I might have to try some of that. I didn't know there were DRLs but I'll look into that. The five blinks on the lane change might be helpful too. It looks like it was a mistake on their part as far as the climate display still being noted on the window sticker.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:56 PM

15,804 posts, read 20,559,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgoingon4 View Post
I didn't know there were DRLs but I'll look into that.
With the Taurus, the options are:

No DRL
high beam DRL
turn signal amber DRL

Default on retail sales is no DRL, with fleet sales getting high beam on DRLs. I ran the amber turn signal DRL for a while before converting the lower LED strip to LED DRLs and integrated turn signal LED's. You can toggle between the 3 easily with a copy of that free software and a USB to OBD2 device (very cheap on Amazon)

The forum I linked you to is a good resource for 6th Gen Taurus technical info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln