Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,729,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Who is old? I'm not saying the classic Cadillacs are better because they had names; I am saying that they were traditional Cadillacs. Which had features you can't find in new Cadillacs... smooth ride, soft & comfortable seats, large trunk, big and smooth V-8 engine, etc. I am very aware of the pre-war Cadillacs. For example, the Cadillac company was founded on Oct. 17, 1902. The first limousine was in 1906. The first self-starter was in 1912 and the first V-8 was in 1914, the first V-16 was available in 1930. The automatic transmission was available starting in 1940.

That's more of an opinion than a fact. Also, only Cadillac had the 500-cu-in engine (from 1970-1976; '70-'74 only on the Eldorado model).

You seem to be the one who is old... I said before that I already own two old Cadillacs (and one old Plymouth). Shall I repeat it yet again?
Interesting how some people praise cars like the modern Rolls-Royce or Maybach and call the full-sized classic cars "barges." I refer to them as true 6-passenger, full-sized luxury cars. And I would much rather own/drive one of those than a funny-looking econo-box!

I agree; Cadillac probably won't ever go back to the type of cars it made in the '60s and '70s. Fortunately, there are plenty of examples around to enjoy, buy and drive. If I won a $10 million lottery jackpot, would I buy a new Cadillac? No. There are no full-sized Cadillac cars being built today so I will just keep my '69 Fleetwood Brougham and '76 Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine.
I will agree with you on this. There is no Cadillac out there right now worth my money. I would rather have a nice steaming plate of horse crap for dinner than buy a Cadillac. I would rather have cancer than buy a Cadillac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 08:25 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,964,846 times
Quote:
Yes, the current Lincolns do have strange styling! I think Lincoln should have not discontinued the Town Car. It had a proven successful platform and reliability. Even if they didn't sell many, at least make it available, like they used to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Current "Cadillac" buyers are not Cadillac buyers. A Cadillac buyer would never, ever settle for that which disgraces the name today and understands with deepest sorrow that Cadillac is gone....just as surely as Pontiac and Oldsmobile are gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Todays Cadillac are NOT real Cadillacs, though the XTS comes somewhat close. They may be good cars, but they're just an American BMW at this point. Cadillac themselves said they are specifically targeting them, just do some research on the ATS and you'll find that out. Lincoln is the same way, but their turnaround is happening about 10 years later than Cadillac's. I expect Lincoln to stay closer to the traditional luxury cars that are very comfy and not meant to be taken around the track. I only wish they would have made the Town Car a few years more until a new RWD platform would be ready. I can't wait to get one next year. It'll be cool to own the last of the true American luxury cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
We understand that Cadillac and Lincoln aren't going back to the good ole days of full size luxury, and that is sad. So this is why we all enjoy our classic's, when I sit inside my old Lincolns, it's like I just went back into a time warp which is one of the coolest experiences ever.
lol you guys...

Old 05-06-2013, 09:13 PM

24,600 posts, read 33,538,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I will agree with you on this. There is no Cadillac out there right now worth my money. I would rather have a nice steaming plate of horse crap for dinner than buy a Cadillac. I would rather have cancer than buy a Cadillac.
Yes, so sad what has happened to Cadillac.

But I guess it's good that they are still in business. Maybe it's good.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, so sad what has happened to Cadillac.

But I guess it's good that they are still in business. Maybe it's good.
I couldn't be arsed if Cadillac went under. Big whoop. I wonder how many people would commit suicide because of it.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
lol you guys...
Don't have to let go... that is what classic cars shows are for!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Did one run over your dog?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I couldn't be arsed if Cadillac went under. Big whoop. I wonder how many people would commit suicide because of it.
Probably not that many. A lot of the fans of the new ones would be upset, but that's about it.

It wouldn't affect those who don't like the new ones! Unless Cadillac had plans to build some larger Cadillacs, which I doubt will happen.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Don't have to let go... that is what classic cars shows are for!
and that's the only place Caddy and Lincoln would exist in the 21st century if they stubbornly stuck to the floaty land barge route.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Did one run over your dog?
No.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln