Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 06:20 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,309,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Murphy can't mess with dinner tonight as it has already been eaten. Fried chicken, coleslaw, and potato salad. Later on a small dish of ice cream is I behave.....
Oh wow........fried chicken and ice cream......I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
One of my faves-stuffed cabbage and John your Mom taught you well!!!

Just off the phone with the stressed groom to be-whew-I had him calm by the time we hung up. Wore me down!

Thinking of pasta and gravy as it'll be too cold to venture out tomorrow-we'll see.

Night all. Dxi stick with us and you'll make some girl a great husband/cook!
No doubt, John! That looks sooooo good! Yum!

When is the wedding? I remember you saying you found your dress.

Dxi is a wonderful addition to this thread! Hope you did great on your finals!

We did have soup and it was really good, HOWEVER now that I have read Nomads post, and seen the pic of John's meal, I am feeling somewhat deprived!!!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:22 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,469,313 times
Tonight I had pasta with marinara sauce out of a jar. Nothing exciting, but filled me up. Funny thing about pasta -- always leaves you wanting more.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:23 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,469,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
It’s traditional SLOVAK dish & called "Golumpki" "Golabki" Or as many would know it to be stuffed cabbage, or pigs in blanket.
What's it stuffed with?

Old 01-13-2009, 06:25 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,347,098 times
So much laughter in today's conversation! You guys are a real day-brightener after another long day with the balance sheet accounts. Fifteen minutes catching up on what's for dinner is better than a glass of wine for relaxing, and a lot less calories, too.

Tonight's supper is out of the freezer, as seems to be the case in a lot of places tonight, but since it's the final pan of Christmas eve lasagna, neither the spouse nor I mind a bit. It was a very skimpy pan-full, but that's perfect for a couple of sedentary fifty-somethings; not as much leftover temptation calling to us from the fridge at midnight.

And on that note, it smells like it's about done, so I think I'll mosey on out to the kitchen and start setting the table. Have a great evening, all!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,881,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
One of my faves-stuffed cabbage and John your Mom taught you well!!!

Just off the phone with the stressed groom to be-whew-I had him calm by the time we hung up. Wore me down!

Thinking of pasta and gravy as it'll be too cold to venture out tomorrow-we'll see.

Night all. Dxi stick with us and you'll make some girl a great husband/cook!
Lacey.... get a cup of tea and relax after that conversation.... I agree with you on the pasta as we will be having the bitter cold too....

YoungLisa unfortunately Panko has almost no fiber... OH WELL.... tastes good and it is crunchy LOL.... hehe gives the kids an added bonus.... LOL.... and helps with the projectile in spitball action for DIVA.... I still can't believe she did that......

Old 01-13-2009, 06:37 PM

858 posts, read 3,046,912 times
Wink Give them a try!! I love pigs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
What's it stuffed with?
I cook cabbage, about 3 heads on the stove in water. Get about 3 lbs of beef, 2 lb of pork. Cook about a half box of rice. Let rice cool then add. Add 6 raw egg's, salt, pepper, paprika, parsley flakes, 1 whole white onion, and one whole red onion. 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers, celery, Chop it all up. Mix all together real good by hand.

Get a big pan put about 4 to 5 cans of Hunt's tomato sauce in it. wrap up the meat in the cooked cabbage, place in pan. Oven on 350, bake for about 2 hours, after that take tin foil off the pan and put Hunt's tomato paste on top of the pigs. Cook for another hour at 350.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:37 PM

Someone rep MWBW FAST!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:40 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,543,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Someone rep MWBW FAST!!!!!!
Got her.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:40 PM

Yippidy Doo Da!!!! You Bright STAR YOU!!!!!! I knew you could do it tonight!!!! oh.... phew...... look at you shine!!!! I gotta go get my shades......

Debsi I would rep ya but CD is being stingy...... dag nabit.....

LOL and she's off eating dinner....she doesn't even know! LOL

Old 01-13-2009, 06:45 PM

858 posts, read 3,046,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Yippidy Doo Da!!!! You Bright STAR YOU!!!!!! I knew you could do it tonight!!!! oh.... phew...... look at you shine!!!! I gotta go get my shades......

Debsi I would rep ya but CD is being stingy...... dag nabit.....

LOL and she's off eating dinner....she doesn't even know! LOL
Got one from me also.. Its going to take along time before I get a star.. But what the heck... Im already a star!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.