Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,234,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
"Fired Up--Ready To Go!"

We are planning to vote as soon as my Dear Partner comes back from his tennis match....then we will watch returns most of the afternoon and evening until its over. For supper we are planning Pizza....that sounds like it would be celebratory and fun while watching the returns on the TV.
Elston I think that is exactly what we are doing for dinner tonight. I just got back from voting Woo HOO!!! Yesterday my neighbor gave me 12 bobli pizza shells (her son works for the local bread company) and so pizza is on the menu. You should see all the stuff her son brings home, bread, buns, coffee cakes, if they screw up an order for the grocery store they can't take it back to the factory so home it goes. Thank goodness I have a freezer.

Chicken Divan last night was a big hit with the kids. Will have to add that to my rotation.

Hope everyone has a great day and goes to vote.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,776,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
"Fired Up--Ready To Go!"

We are planning to vote as soon as my Dear Partner comes back from his tennis match....then we will watch returns most of the afternoon and evening until its over. For supper we are planning Pizza....that sounds like it would be celebratory and fun while watching the returns on the TV.
hello elston, how are you?

Oh yeah! Pizza!!! It's a good decision!

I don't know what I'm cooking tonight... surprise It will be something to very easy and quickly

Old 11-04-2008, 07:52 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,280,532 times
Good morning everyone. We voted early last week so that is done. We did not have to wait in any lines. Tonight we are going to our favorite local restaurant and watch the returns. We found out last week that due to the economy they are closing it as of next week. We feel so bad for all of the college kids that work there. This is a college town and have a lot of restaurants but right now no one is hiring. Have a wonderful day everyone. kelsie

Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,563,282 times
Good morning everyone.

I was really bad yesterday and snacked all day. Oh well back to being good today. My flounder was good last night so I'll be having it again tonight.

I'm making fried chicken(Banquet) for my dh with mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, and cornbread.

We' ll all be watching the TV tonight along with most of the country. Talk to you all later.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:33 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,560,851 times
Good morning all, skbs glad to hear you are feeling a little better! Tonight I am making chicken leg quarters, thinking of doing them on the grill. Making a salad and a veggie although I would like a BIG potato, trying to cut down on the carbs!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:34 AM

849 posts, read 1,961,760 times
skbs, Your daughter is so sweet! I wonder where she learned that from? I'm sure with their TLC on you, you'll be feeling better soon.

I haven't thought of dinner yet. Last night's pork roast was good. I've sliced up the rest for sandwich.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:34 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,095,649 times
Hi everyone - happy voting today!

There were lines of voters at the school today at 7.30am, but by the time I had done a circuit on my morning run there was no line at all!

I'm watching TV too tonight, so will be making something simple, but don't know what yet... I'm going to Whole Foods soon...will seek inspiration there... mahi mahi... maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I think I am going to use the rest of my energy to pick up the phone and order a pizza pie... That should be the last of the energy for the day and I can enjoy what little I have left to spend with my kids with a smile on my face.... I am sick of sleeping so I can curl up with them on the sofa and enjoy a little cartoons or movies with them under a cozy blanket........
Now THAT is a smart idea hope you feel better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Chicken soup won out and it's simmering away.
That sounds like a good idea too!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:47 AM

12,227 posts, read 21,653,133 times
Bean soup is for dinner tonight, and maybe some grilled cheese or quesadillas to go with it.

Happy voting everybody. I'm going at lunch time.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,438,978 times
I'm taking a couple of my frozen bells peppers out today and having those for dinner with mashed potatoes and sliced tomatoes. Easy and pretty "safe"! Ha!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:48 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,120,862 times
At the moment leaning toward steak tacos. I say leaning as I'm still undecided. On my way out to vote about 2PM. I will not hold up anyone voting on their lunch hour. After a trip to the market I'll firm up a dinner plan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink