Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 05:19 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,296,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Has anyone heard from Cyn lately?

Wonder if she's avoiding the computer while she's trying to quit - she said that's when she smokes most....
I have been whizzing in and out of here today I just now realized too right before I saw your post! Could be but maybe she will give a hollar tomorrow at us. I know I can chain smoke sitting at the computer that is why I make myself go to the dining room to smoke now. Nothing there but hutch, table and chairs so I won't be hanging out there long to start chain smoking.

Had chicken quesadillas for supper~~~ yumo! Thought of Debsi while we were eating them too.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:44 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,932,951 times
MTH-I'm buying the house next to you!!

Think Cyn's just resting after her marathon cooking. She deserves it and we'll carry on and make her happy!

Just got a special cookie package and a very special HUGE package from our grands (really their MOM!) So much great stuff.

Nite all and thank you all for your prayers.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:56 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,438,978 times
First off I can't read back tonight to catch up. I just got out of ICU at the local hospital after being there since Sunday. When I was saying I was quitting smoking a few days ago and I was having a big scare and yes I am still quitting and have not smoked yet--3 days now. I started coughing up some blood...a lot of blood. Finally by 1:00 pm my DH insisted we rush to the hosiptal which we did. They put me in ICU immediately and ran so many tests...x-rays, cat scans, tubes down every place they could find---just a reay kick! I had about 3-4 coughing episodes where I lost a lot of blood---but I have no pain anywhere, my blood level is just fine, blood pressure great and on the low side and no sign of where the blood is coming from. It's a big mystery to everyone. No signs of tumors or mases nothing. My coughing is worse now from all the probing and such. I really need to go lay down now just thought I should let everyone know I hadn't forgotten you. I missed my computer more then the cigerettes!! Ha! Talk to you all tomorrow.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:57 PM

259,024 posts, read 91,120,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
First not off I can't read back tonight to catch up. I just got out of ICU at the local hospital. When I was saying I was quitting smoking a few days ago and I was having a big scare and yes I am still quitting and have not smoked yet--3 days now. I started coughing up some blood...a lot of blood. Finally by 1:00 pm my DH insisted we rush to the hosiptal which we did. They put me in ICU immediately and ran so many tests...x-rays, cat scans, tubes down every place they could find---just a reay kick! I had about 3-4 coughing episodes where I lost a lot of blood---but I have no pain anywhere, my blood level is just fine, blood pressure great and on the low side and no sign of where the blood is coming from. It's a big mystery to everyone. No signs of tumors or mases nothing. My coughing is worse now from all the probing and such. I really need to go lay down now just thought I should let everyone know I hadn't forgotten you. I missed my computer more then the cigerettes!! Ha! Talk to you all tomorrow.
The very best news of the day.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:00 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,095,649 times
Quote:
First not off I can't read back tonight to catch up. I just got out of ICU at the local hospital. When I was saying I was quitting smoking a few days ago and I was having a big scare and yes I am still quitting and have not smoked yet--3 days now. I started coughing up some blood...a lot of blood. Finally by 1:00 pm my DH insisted we rush to the hosiptal which we did. They put me in ICU immediately and ran so many tests...x-rays, cat scans, tubes down every place they could find---just a reay kick! I had about 3-4 coughing episodes where I lost a lot of blood---but I have no pain anywhere, my blood level is just fine, blood pressure great and on the low side and no sign of where the blood is coming from. It's a big mystery to everyone. No signs of tumors or mases nothing. My coughing is worse now from all the probing and such. I really need to go lay down now just thought I should let everyone know I hadn't forgotten you. I missed my computer more then the cigerettes!! Ha! Talk to you all tomorrow.
O-M-G...are you really OK??? Do you think it's just your body adjusting to no smoking....? How scary, how awful for you and hubbie.... at least you got a good check up and know nothing is lurking in there. Stay safe and please keep in touch. I was worried where you had got to!!! Big hugs

Old 12-22-2008, 06:07 PM

259,024 posts, read 91,120,862 times
I think we all are breathing a whole lot better knowing she is fine. Her not posting is not normal. Time to try a dessert cookie now with one less worry. Still no word on my son's biopsy.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:11 PM

Sunday I started coughing up blood and that when I posted that I had decided to stop smoking. It was the blood that made my decision up for me. It started getting worse so I wnet and stayied in ICU at the hospital for 3 days and they have ruled out just about everything but still haven't found anything. It could be a tear that they can see but I haven't had another edpisde sinse yesterday. If it starts again I will go back to the hosipital. Thanks for the good thoughts. I have to go lay down now as I rally tired. Talk tomorrow.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:12 PM

Sorry to hear that Nomadicus but I had plenty of time to do extra praying while in the hospital and your son was one of my prayers!!

Old 12-22-2008, 06:14 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,560,851 times
Quote:
Sunday I started coughing up blood and that when I posted that I had decided to stop smoking. It was the blood that made my decision up for me. It started getting worse so I wnet and stayied in ICU at the hospital for 3 days and they have ruled out just about everything but still haven't found anything. It could be a tear that they can see but I haven't had another edpisde sinse yesterday. If it starts again I will go back to the hosipital. Thanks for the good thoughts. I have to go lay down now as I rally tired. Talk tomorrow.
Please rest and I am happy to see you back!

Old 12-22-2008, 06:21 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,536,135 times
Quote:

Hope you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink