Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 05:45 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times

Advertisements

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I cleaned my oven today!!!! Okay, it is self-cleaning, but I had to wash the racks and wipe up the ashes. And, oh yeah, DH actually scoured the racks for me because the Brillo pads hurt my hannies!

But, all of that ookey-gookey scalloped potato mess is gone!

Tonight we had Grandpop's famous (to us) meat loaf recipe with pan-browned gravy. I made some egg noodles with butter and poppy seed tossed in before serving. Some leftover peas and a few stalks of leftover broccoli and some fresh cut and then frozen buttered corn. Everyone got to have their favorite veggies tonight. I had some of all three because I am not much of a meat eater.

Tomorrow's lunch for hubby is a hot meat loaf sandwich smothered in leftover gravy. DS will have nothing to do with leftovers unless they are spelled P-I-Z-Z-A.

Nomad and southdown, you two are true foodies!!!

(Vpcats, I am so happy to see your posts today. Nobody came into your house during the night and snuck off with you!)

Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM

601 posts, read 1,903,973 times
Hearty beef stew tonight...........happy evening everyone

Old 11-24-2008, 05:52 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,246,925 times
Haven't had a chance to get on since early yesterday. More Thanksgiving shopping yesterday and prepped all the veggies today, glad that job is done. Last night homemade sloppy joes and oven fries. Tonight (right now actually) oven roasted split chicken breasts and roasted potatoes--that's it for tonight. A lot to do before Thursday.

Have a great night everyone.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:55 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I cleaned my oven today!!!! Okay, it is self-cleaning, but I had to wash the racks and wipe up the ashes. And, oh yeah, DH actually scoured the racks for me because the Brillo pads hurt my hannies!

Tonight we had Grandpop's famous (to us) meat loaf recipe with pan-browned gravy. I made some egg noodles with butter and poppy seed tossed in before serving. Some leftover peas and a few stalks of leftover broccoli and some fresh cut and then frozen buttered corn. Everyone got to have their favorite veggies tonight. I had some of all three because I am not much of a meat eater.

Tomorrow's lunch for hubby is a hot meat loaf sandwich smothered in leftover gravy. DS will have nothing to do with leftovers unless they are spelled P-I-Z-Z-A.

(Vpcats, I am so happy to see your posts today. Nobody came into your house during the night and snuck off with you!)
Nope! Still here. Otherwise they would have had to buy me a real bun for that burger!

Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The lists of what we are thankful for, really could be a thread in its own right.....rather than on the "Whats for Dinner Tonight". There are so many things to be thankful for that it could really bury the original intent of this
I realize that it could be it's own thread but didn't start one for fear it would be moved b/c it is not food related.

If someone else hasn't started one, I will now.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:06 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I realize that it could be it's own thread but didn't start one for fear it would be moved b/c it is not food related.

There be a good thread over in chat. The November Villiage thankful thread for any and all interested. We have lots of food there too.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:08 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

I love the idea of a "What I am thankful for" thread, bjh and elston.

So many of us, with no mal intent, think of Thanksgiving Day as the time to show our thanks for a wonderful family and friends, the bounty of the land and our health & well-being. How appropriate that we do contemplate it at least at this time, but how much better to show our gratitude every day of every year for all of our blessings.

A thread of what we are thankful for may start this week of a national holiday, but it could continue for eons.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
chicken n brocolli

Old 11-24-2008, 06:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

been trying for a week to clean the catch dish for the electric stove top. using oven cleaner i still have one little stain left. vexing.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:17 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I hear you, Huck. I used to hate those things. I'd throw them out and buy new ones every so often. Not very "green", but I just hated that chore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink