Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 07:08 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,672,122 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all...I've been so busy lately, but been reading all the yummy recipes. I have to make that cobbler, I've been thinking about it since reading it. Maybe with that chicken recipe above! Oh my.

Fixed home made beef stew today. It is all gone

Dear son came barging in the door from school this afternoon, headed straight to the stove. He said, "What cha cookin? I could smell it as soon as I got off the bus, run all the way up the drive to see!". LOL, I did have the windows open.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:05 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,340,792 times
Taking a break while the oven heats... I signed up for Friday Treat Day tomorrow, which means that I've gotta outdo the other 2 dozen or so folks who also participate. Time for an apple slab cake and a couple loaves of pumpkin-cranberry bread, I think. I may get to bed before midnight tonight, but that's by no means certain at this point. Spouse is already snoring; well, ok, he SAYS he's watching television, but his eyes are closed and he's either snoring or else having an awful asthma attack. In any case, it's just me, the oven and a counter-full of ingredients, just the way I like it.

Supper tonight was a fast and easy one, befitting a Thursday night when we're all tired out and ready for the week to end. We defrosted and warmed up a couple of smoked chicken halves from the smoke-a-thon last August, steamed some broccoli and purple cauliflower from the Farmers' Market and made soup out of some leftover mashed potatoes, onions, additional chunks of potatoes and a handful of mushrooms. Good stuff. Daughter's friend from school - not the sig-other this time, another one - joined us for supper, so we had a nice even number at the table.

Just heard the beeps - the oven is heated and awaiting me, so g'night, all, I'll stop in tomorrow morning if I have time and tell you how they came out. And yes, I'll remember the sugar this time.....

Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 PM

7,336 posts, read 2,745,718 times
Tonight, we had chicken fried steak, potatoes and gravy, corn, a small salad and, of course, iced tea.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:03 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,328,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Ok, here it goes. It's so simple, you'd never think it's so yummy.

First peel and cut op some potatoes. Not too small, maybe 2" cubes or so. Just enough to line the bottom of the baking dish. I use 9x13. Chop some onions and mix with the potatoes. You can add some minced garlic, too. Don't bother seasoning the potatoes, there will be enough flavor from the chicken. Now season chicken pieces with seasoned salt and pepper. Do use chicken pieces with skin and bones,but you should trim the extra fat around the edges. Put the chicken on top of potatoes. Cover the whole thing with aluminum foil and into the 350F oven. Cook until chicken is done and potatoes are tender about 40 minutes. Remove the cover and back to the oven until skin is nice and crispy.
Thanks! I have copied and pasted this into my recipe file! A dinner very soon!

Old 10-24-2008, 05:11 AM

Didn't sleep much last night. I just hate when that happens. Oh well, got up at 5am and made some coffee. I did finish the applesauce yesterday and froze about 10 packages--yes!
We went for a drive yesterday and discovered a beautiful park only about 10-15 minutes from our house. That is what is so cool about living here--it seems we are always discovering new, great places. A whole new adventure! This place is beautiful with a lovely lake, a playground, restrooms and picnic areas. All very clean! A new place to go fishing! And when we take the grandkids and they get bored with fishing there is the playground--perfect!
Today should be interesting as I am about to try making those stuffed cabbage leaves. Hubby says I need practice "rolling" them first because everytime I make burritos the insides fall out the end! I'm getting better at it though. Anyhow, I will make a couple for tonights dinner and freeze the rest. I need all the luck I can get on this one I think! Wish me luck!!

Old 10-24-2008, 05:13 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times
Best of luck, cyn.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,862,732 times
Good morning all. Well this is the first day this week no workmen are crawling all over our garage. Yesterday was the last when they blew the insulation into ceiling.

What a difference it makes-warmer and quieter.

We're talking Papa Murphy's take n bake pizza. Trip to the grocer's in order also.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:12 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,941 times
GOOD MORNING ALL!!!! It is chilly here today... Tonight is the Halloween function at my daughter's school... should be a huge deal... but that means dinner will be FAST and EASY.... might even be a sub. But I have enough time to figure it out. As part of the PTA I am supposed to work it and I have to get the girls dressed in their costumes and make sure hubby is home and we are there by six... SO.... it isn't going be an easy thing to get food shoved down their throats tonight in a neat and quick manner....LOL.... More like hearding cats tonight with how hyper they are going to be.... ahhhhhhhhhh Halloween....

Old 10-24-2008, 06:24 AM

Yeah....but it's a fun time and memories are made!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:02 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,780,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Orange Herb Roasted Chicken With Stuffing...Hope it all turns out beautifully!!
How was the chicken holly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink