Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:08 AM

859 posts, read 3,326,199 times

Advertisements

I can rarely keep Nutella in the house or I would really indulge!

I'll dip ANYTHING in it: pretzels, fruit, bread, chips....or the worst...the urge to mix nutella and peanut butter!! So good but so fattening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 08:36 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,565,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Beef jerky, spicy, salty foods. I don't like sweets at all -- including chocolate. I know, I know, I'm a freak of nature.
That makes two of us! I can't stand cake, it's the worst thing about birthdays because people persist in not believing me and presenting me with the disgusting things every year. But I do like sweet-spicy-salty combos, such as pepperoni and pineapple pizza w/ red pepper flakes, speaking of junk food.

Doritos. Chips and Guacamole. Chips and onion dip. Jalapeno poppers. Oh dear, it's too early for this.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 AM

5,121 posts, read 16,626,834 times
Yes! As a society, we reward others with sweets. What's up with that? People have learned to not offer me choolate, cake, brownies, ice cream, cookies, etc.

I love the Doritos in the green bag. Can't remember the name of them though. I'll eat chips and salsa until the corners of my mouth are burning from the jalapeños and salt. I put red pepper flakes on my pizza too. I can never have enough peppered beef jerky. YUM!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:24 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,852,135 times
Oatmeal Creme Pies - so good...

Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,465,524 times
Turtle brownies and Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn are my favs. Mmmmmm.....

Old 09-30-2007, 03:21 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,587,738 times
chocolate with salty chips (crave it off and on)
apple dip w/granny smith green apples (my aunt made this for me once and gave me the recipe and I've been hooked ever since). I can eat a whole bowl of the dip with 6 apples in one sitting (OMG)!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 AM

42,018 posts, read 75,442,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
a jar of Cashew Nut Butter and a jar of extra dark honey...and ate them together.
Don't be so hard on yourself!! That's not junk food ... That's unprocessed, whole food. It's actually good for you (in moderation, of course, LOL). If you'd satisfied your craving with Little Debbies, well, that would be junk food!

I have an unnatural affinity for Doritos. And ice cream. Sometimes even at the same time. I can't have either one in my house. *sigh*

Old 10-01-2007, 11:29 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,659,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
You're not alone, Egg. Me, too. Can live without sweets/chocolate forever. But, put a bag of greasy chips or salty pretzles in the closet & I can't sleep nights knowing they're out there. I've eaten a handful of chips at 3am many times. I just don't bring them home anymore. I cannot control myself & am not responsible for my actions...
+3. I actively dislike sweets and chocolate but juicy burgers, salty fries and home made potato chips are the foods of (fat) Gods!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:59 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,495,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I just got home from work and I had a serious craving for something sweet and gooey (don't ask). I went into the cupboard and pulled out a jar of Cashew Nut Butter and a jar of extra dark honey...and ate them together. I now feel like such a mess, but it was worth it!

What are your favorite junk foods?
That does't sound like junk. It sounds like real food anyway. I consider junk to be partially chemicals.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:59 PM

185 posts, read 584,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
I can rarely keep Nutella in the house or I would really indulge!

I'll dip ANYTHING in it: pretzels, fruit, bread, chips....or the worst...the urge to mix nutella and peanut butter!! So good but so fattening.
LOL.......really, all you need to dip in Nutella is a spoon (or a finger )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink