Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 12:22 PM

326 posts, read 470,952 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, does anyone feel the need for separate forums for Fort Myers, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and perhaps even the Florida Keys?

Old 06-01-2007, 02:44 PM

109 posts, read 393,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
I was wondering, does anyone feel the need for separate forums for Fort Myers, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and perhaps even the Florida Keys?
More sub-forums would be nice, but four is probably easier to control. We all know how things can quickly get out of hand when dealing with John Q. Public.

Fort Lauderdale is too close to Miami to separate out.

The four cities chosen as sub-forums; Miami, Orlando, Ft Meyers, and Jax are the same ones the weather channel uses when generically talking about Florida weather. Aren't these four the major airports in Florida?

Old 06-01-2007, 02:56 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,166,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondax View Post
More sub-forums would be nice, but four is probably easier to control. We all know how things can quickly get out of hand when dealing with John Q. Public.

Fort Lauderdale is too close to Miami to separate out.

The four cities chosen as sub-forums; Miami, Orlando, Ft Meyers, and Jax are the same ones the weather channel uses when generically talking about Florida weather. Aren't these four the major airports in Florida?
Could be better is the sub-forums are renamed by areas rather than cities. Can accomodate more info from a region that one city...

Old 06-04-2007, 08:58 AM

172 posts, read 857,295 times
definitely a southwest florida sub forum. many many posts here about cape coral, naples and fort myers

Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 AM

9,366 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Could be better is the sub-forums are renamed by areas rather than cities. Can accomodate more info from a region that one city...
I had suggested that the first split of the Florida forum should be on regional lines, not city.

I was ignored and now the question is arising again.

Southwest Florida could stand as a separate forum. Miami and Miami-Dade have to stand alone because of the special conditions. Broward County and Palm Beach County could be lumped together, or could stand alone, but then we risk getting into too many regions and the whole thing becomes unmanageable.

I suppose Orlando represents central Florida, and the Tampa Bay region is big enough to stand on its own, as we already have.

I suppose Jacksonville represents northeast Florida.

What about the panhandle?

The Daytona area, the Space Coast and the rest of Florida also seem to be floating out there by themselves.

It can become too hard to manage, but for the moment it may be worth considering a southwest Florida sub-forum and possibly also a Broward County-Palm Beach County sub-forum.

Good luck garnering consensus on this one.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:06 PM

4 posts, read 21,926 times
Default Fort Lauderdale forum

Yes, I think Fort Lauderdale should have its own forum. If this is not feasible because we're so close to Miami, then maybe the Miami forum could be renamed as Miami/Fort Lauderdale?

Fort Lauderdale and Miami are *very* different cities, in many ways.

Just a thought.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:08 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,251,143 times
The Miami forum mostly gets treated as the "South Florida" forum... they should rename the forums by regions like that.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:57 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,166,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
The Miami forum mostly gets treated as the "South Florida" forum... they should rename the forums by regions like that.
Agree. Suggestion, initiate a thread in https://www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/
about renaming the Florida sub-forums by regions. I think that is a better approach.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:41 AM

655 posts, read 2,183,798 times
I gotta agree about South Florida. That *IS* what that sub-forum is for, lol.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:03 AM

9 posts, read 29,786 times
It would be a good idea, at least to separate Fort Myers from West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale. Fort Myers is on the Gulf Coast and (SWFL) and West Palm and Fort Lauderdale are on the Atlantic Coast (SEFL) but I think that the forum has a Fort Myers, Cape Coral section already. Good idea though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida