Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2006, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 10,424 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Can anyone tell me what areas of Pinellas County are affordable and safe to move to. I have a 5 year old son and need a place/area that's safe and doesn't cost a zillion dollars to rent!!
Thanks,
Chrisr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 11:02 AM

944 posts, read 3,848,020 times
Hi Chris, check all of the barrier islands (Indian Rocks, Redington Shores, Treasure Island, St. Pete Beach)...

I live in (not on) St. Pete Beach and there is little crime. It is also surprisingly affordable in terms of annual rentals (600-1000). It may be a little more difficult if you have a pet. Annual leases can be a lot cheaper in the beach areas since some owners prefer to avoid vacation rentals which can be dicey (house parties and whatnot).

You won't find these listings on the net - you gotta cruise and look for "For Rent" signs and make calls.

Anyway, most people think they can't afford the beach. We actually have found it to be comparable in price and better in safety.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:57 AM

165 posts, read 653,070 times
Smile Pinellas County

I recommend checking web local real estate sites of Pinellas County cities and towns plus check out the crime and other statistics on sites like city-data.com (this site...just type in city/town and state when you get to their home page...you should figure it out.) I do not know what you are looking for in the way of amenities.... This area has a lot of reasonable rents, even on the beach. If you want more inland, there are many middle class neighborhoods with lower crime such as Kenneth City, parts of Clearwater, as well as northern Pinellas towns like Port Richey and Dunedin. But you HAVE to check out the towns and the different areas. If you like the beach then go for the beach towns...... Enjoy. LOL PS If you have to, get a short term rental or motel/hotel and look around.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:42 AM

165 posts, read 653,070 times
Thumbs up rents

I forgot to give you some dollar amounts. I will use a 2 bedroom decent and liveable apartment in my St. Petersburg area and nearby. The lower rent areas-not slums-can start around $600 to $650. Middle class spots can be maybe $650 to $700 to start. Beach areas can actually run the same as middle class areas. And there are always bargains---less than what I am quoting.................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida