Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:57 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcurious View Post
I like that it's May 7th and I have my doors and windows open and a beautiful breeze is wafting through my house and the palm trees are dancing away. I know it will get hot soon but tell me... where will it NOT be hot soon?
jaxcurious we are also having an amazing day here in Jax. The wind has cleared out the smoke. I am still hoping for some rain to give the firefighters a hand.

But it is one of those "this is why I moved to Fla" days

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 02:06 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,300,520 times
oh thank god for the wind...my allergies and asthma have been giving me a really hard time.

I was so annoyed when it was supposed to rain yesterday and we hardly got anything...I could just picture what a nice long heavy rain would do for dragging the smoke out of the air.

When the fires first started, I thought I could escape the smoke coming from Lake County and Flagler-Volusia county by going and spending some time at Disney (my general answer to natural disasters) however there are so many fires now that there really isn't an escape. There was one in Osceola county, today they have a new one in Seminole county...

There is nothing like Florida after a nice rain washes it clean...the lawn is glistening...

Old 05-07-2007, 02:23 PM

60 posts, read 107,535 times
[quote=TriMT7;681300]I'll take my chances in Florida with hurricanes that give you one to two weeks notice to get out!
QUOTE]

Good point! But you know... when I see my Florida friends and neighbors, we don't talk about the hurricane season. We know how to protect ourselves and our homes. We don't let it rule our lives. Only on this board are posters obsessed with hurricanes. Yet in the northeast, everyone talks about the weather. Everyday it's about how cold it is, when's this snow going to end, do you think spring will ever get here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: