Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 04:16 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times

Advertisements

Gov. Crist has declared a state of emergency for all of Florida as our brush fire threat continues to get worse.

Brush Fires Cause Evacuations, Burn Bans, etc.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 04:42 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
Great, maybe they can "approve" more development so there's no trees at all left, particularly in South Fla and then import water from China....that is assuming the Chinese will provide financing .

Old 05-04-2007, 10:38 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Encountered some of that flame on a drive from the west coast to the east coast last night...

Jokingly said to my driver, do ya think there's any fires going on down here?

Sure enough, between Punta Gorda & Naples (wide spread but we were gabbing & not paying attention to mile markers)...we smelled/saw...

Old 05-04-2007, 10:42 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
Great, maybe they can "approve" more development so there's no trees at all left, particularly in South Fla and then import water from China....that is assuming the Chinese will provide financing .

AND outsoucre all jobs to India,...etc so every one will depend on selling drugs and doing fraud

Old 05-04-2007, 10:48 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,099,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
AND outsoucre all jobs to India,...etc so every one will depend on selling drugs and doing fraud
Oh that is so true. I work at home doing medical transcription and we have lost a huge client because they decided to go with India transcribing for the cheaper rate so this doesn't only affect the big business but even little self employed people like myself. I have to fight and lower my rates just to keep a job.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:45 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,981 times
it feels like africa its so hot today in lauderdale....never seen summer come so early around here

Old 05-04-2007, 11:54 AM

131 posts, read 1,034,581 times
Well the sky is ashy white
And the fields are burning bright
When all we love fades out of sight
Pray for rain
The lake is going down
Lord to make a greener ground
For all the folks who live in town
Pray for rain

Pray Lord pray for rain
Pray pray for rain

Well the creek is going dry
And the towers are built so high
There the devil sits on high
Pray for rain

The lake is going down
To make a greener ground
For the folks who live in town
Pray for rain

Pray Lord pray for rain
Pray pray for rain

Lyrics: JJ Grey ⁄ Music: JJ Grey

Old 05-04-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
it feels like africa its so hot today in lauderdale....never seen summer come so early around here
how far are you from the beach or the ocean?
get wet ASAP!
It's the good side of Florida or should I say the coast

Old 05-04-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
Oh that is so true. I work at home doing medical transcription and we have lost a huge client because they decided to go with India transcribing for the cheaper rate so this doesn't only affect the big business but even little self employed people like myself. I have to fight and lower my rates just to keep a job.
I lost my job to outsourcing as well. A Utility company providing Electricty and natural gas to its residents decided to "send" its work to India telling us that it is good for the US economy, the US worker will be able to compete with the foreign worker,..and all that crap.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:16 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Impressions View Post
Pray Lord pray for rain
Pray pray for rain

Lyrics: JJ Grey ⁄ Music: JJ Grey
Well, I thank God for the rain we got last night -- a little over an inch in South Lake County!

But I hear the areas with fire didn't get rain or got very little, so I hope there's a better chance this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: