Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2006, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,729 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I'm Canadian (montreal, QC) and will be attending a professional tutorial in Bonita Springs, FL on sunday April 9 2006. I'll be landing in Fort Lauderdale and will drive across the state on the 75 to the west coast.

Anyway, the tutorial is a one-day thing, and will be staying a couple of more days in FL to chill. I'll have monday and tuesday entirely to myself, and have to head back towards fort lauderdale on wednesday morning to catch my flight home. I'd prefer to stay + or - around naples during these 2days so i don't have to drive too much. my boss is renting me a car, so transportation is not a problem.

I'm looking for a nice and relax spot on the beach. Any place you recommend? I don't mind driving a little bit to get to the beach. Are the beaches nice and swimmable around that area or is it too swampy?

The opposite of what i'm looking for a ritzy town which HUGE shopping malls, mansions, and huge loads of tourists.

Also, i've noticed there are some state parks around naples. How are they??? I wouldn't mind camping. I'll have a car and could carry a tent.

thanks for your recommendations
fred
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2006, 08:27 AM

3 posts, read 40,458 times
St Pete Beach- It's beautiful and there are lot's of canadians here. Take 275 off of 75. Follow the signs..... You won't be sorry.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:54 AM

3 posts, read 10,304 times
I love St. Pete Beach and try to go there 2-3 times a year. I am female, traveling alone, and have found the Bon Aire Resort a wonderful place to stay. Check out their website. It's easy to get to, there's a wonderful Italian restaurant across the street, beaches are beautiful and not crowded, a great cabana bar, lots of local folks, quiet, you name it. The owner is Pete Curato (sp), and he hangs out around the cabana bar a lot, just visiting with his returning guests. GREAT PLACE! 10 steps off the sand and VERY affordable. Definitely my place to chill...

Old 03-05-2006, 08:59 AM

3 posts, read 10,304 times
Sorry, Fred, the man's name is Bill Curato, not Pete.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 4,729 times
Default Thanks for the tip!!!

I ended up renting a room for two days in St-Pete's beach at the Bon Aire Resort. Wow.... The beach there was absolutely AMAZING!!!! and the motel was right on it!!!

thanks for the tip!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida