Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2007, 07:41 AM

66 posts, read 469,353 times

Advertisements

ok so my friend and i are moving down to fl from pennsylvania in sept but we are not totally sure where we want to live. we dont need anything fancy we are just 2 college kids. we want to live on the east coast and want to be near the beach. we dont want to live near a lot of crime. we will be renting and want to spend under $1000 a month. 1 or 2 bedroom it doesnt really matter. the important thing is location. we want to live somewhere that there is a good amount of things to do. where would you guys suggest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 08:40 AM

15 posts, read 96,180 times
like I told Yvette in the other thread...Ilive in WPB, Fl...few mins from great places..cityplace.com also check out http://www.cityofwpb.com/events/events.php...clematis..we (broken link) have lots of concerts, sunfest, aslo south fl ampithearter is cool...thats why we picked WPB lots to do...min from beach, lots of job opportunities...colleges and more. palmbeachpost.com for jobs... as I was telling Yvette, I am moving to a home

Moderator cut: Rental ads belong in Classifieds forum

good luck

Last edited by DColascione; 04-08-2007 at 08:58 AM..

Old 04-08-2007, 09:51 AM

hey thanks for the info. whats the beach like at wpb. is there a boardwalk? is west palm beach touristy?

Old 04-08-2007, 12:13 PM

There's no boardwalk in West Palm Beach. Not sure where there are any in Florida. There are several beaches around here. Some are busy, some are quiet. I like the fact that you don't have to walk a mile to get to the water. The beaches are more long than deep - meaning the water is fairly close to the streets. Maybe 100 feet..

I know that locals go before school, after school.. They live at the beach. There's pretty much people at the beach all day long, all year long. It's not Very touristy but it's busy. It's very, very lively here. There are outdoor malls open day and night - something going on all the time.

I'm about 2 minutes from the West Palm Beach mall and Okeechobee Boulevard, which has almost every store you can think of, plenty of restaurants and probably 20 car dealerships.

5 minutes away is Clematis street - which is all nightlife - bars, clubs, etcetera. City Place is mainly shopping with a large movie theater, restaurants all over the place, Improv (live comedy), a couple of night clubs and bars. Actually, Clematis Street and City Place are both in competition with one another..

The reason we picked this area was because it was a lot like where we came from in Long Island, New York. Not so much the "city" - but busy suburbs.. Fairly fast-paced...

Old 04-08-2007, 01:23 PM

how far away are you from the beach and how long does it take to get there from where u live?

Old 04-08-2007, 01:26 PM

and what do you think of pompano beach

Old 04-08-2007, 08:48 PM

I'm about 4 or 5 miles from the beach. It only takes a few minutes to get there. I've never been to Pompano Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida