Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2007, 11:38 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times

Advertisements

Hello..

My friends and I are going to be vistiting Daytona Beach this spring and we were just wondering if the situation with jelly fish, and bird droppings from earlier in the year had been fixed yet or if the beach is still in bad condition?
Also how is the night life in mid-March? Will there be cops everywhere? If anyone has any info here it would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 12:04 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,323 times
Water will be a little chilly, you probably won't want to get in the ocean! You can see the jellyfish in the sand if you keep your eyes open.
What bird droppings?

Most of the nightlife for breakers is around Seabreeze Blvd. & A1A. The two largest clubs in that area are Razzles & 600 North. There's a website for you:
www.daytonabreak.com

The cops are always around during any special event in Daytona. Just use common sense (don't drink in public, keep your clothes on, etc.) & the cops won't bother you.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:53 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
Sunshinegirl - regarding the bird droppings... There was a bacteria notice for several weeks because the birds took over the beach and the **** from them was causing the bacteria levels to be too high. They were telling people on the news and in the paper to not walk on the beach or go in the water.

And the beach for a while was FILLED with jelly fish. Literally everywhere! It was disgusting there were so many in every direction you looked. They weren't in the sand, they were covering the whole beach. If you read the local paper they had articles and pictures of it...

But...I'm happy to report that I was just there this last weekend and everything has cleared up! It's back to its beautiful self! You can enjoy it now. The water will be just fine in the spring. There are people surfing and swimming in it now! I was in it on Christmas day. It was a litte cold that day. But right now it's cold for the first few minutes when you hit it, then it's fine.

The weather has been great, the beach is great... YOu'll love it.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
They were telling people on the news and in the paper to not walk on the beach or go in the water.
And the beach for a while was FILLED with jelly fish. Literally everywhere! It was disgusting there were so many in every direction you looked. They weren't in the sand, they were covering the whole beach. If you read the local paper they had articles and pictures of it...

And I call myself "reading" the News-Journal and watching Wendy every day! How could I have missed that?
As far as swimming in the Atlantic, I rarely go in before July. Guess I have the thin-blood (or sissy) syndrome from growing up here!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:25 AM

Ha Ha.. thanks guys for you help and input. We are all super excited about our Spring Break trip, and i'm sure it will be a lot of fun. Do you know if those clubs let you in under 21? We're all mostly 20, a few of us are 21 but not everyone. Also do you know if they boarded up the balconies on the hotels this year? My dad recalls from his "back in the day" Spring Breaks that they used to do that to keep drunk college kids from falling off.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegirl View Post
Most of the nightlife for breakers is around Seabreeze Blvd. & A1A. The two largest clubs in that area are Razzles & 600 North. There's a website for you:
www.daytonabreak.com
I seem to remember them letting 18 - 20 year olds in and giving them a different wristband than the 21 and over, so they couldn't buy booze, but check out that website, it might tell you.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 PM

I haven't been to this place yet, but it looks cool:
http://www.topofdaytona.com/

Old 03-11-2007, 05:17 PM

I agree... that place looks sweet! thanks RedWingsFan

Old 03-11-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
I agree... that place looks sweet! thanks RedWingsFan
Sure thing! It looks awesome, I plan to check it out as soon as mommy and daddy can find a babysitter!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:11 PM

I wonder how much it costs? It shoudn't be too much should it? I'm budgeting like $400 + gas and the hotel has been paid for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida