Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:14 AM

232 posts, read 886,695 times

Advertisements

Kath2210 boy I wish our heating bill was that in the winter!! We live up north and with this cold spell..our electric came in at 560. Our gas is higher than many area...right now it is 2.62. What part of the north are they from???

It was just announced on the news a couple of days ago that our electric is going up...another increase from the good ol' electric company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2007, 07:14 PM

436 posts, read 1,357,595 times
Robertagal,
I loved your post. I had to chuckle because it was so refreshingly true. I am relocating from Philadelphia where all of my bills..both heating and cooling are more expensive than what was posted here. Next year we've been told that our house taxes will be doubled (northeast Philly) bringing our taxes up to 3600 a year for a 1600 sq.ft house. My husband will be retiring from the police dept and if we stay here, his hard earned pension will be taxed. So all in all our planned move to Florida will be a money saver. I could save more money if I moved up the Pocono mts or maybe to a small town in West Virginia or the like, but part of leaving Philly is also leaving the cold dreary weather behind. And yes, like you, I could not afford to live in California or Hawaii even though I am sure they are both warm and beautiful. You can't compare apples to oranges and then complain that your oranges don't taste like apples!

Old 04-06-2010, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,342 times
Listen Florida sucks and any one that says otherwise is wrong i have lived here all my life and It blows and this is from a person that lives here. Let me give you the run down. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T GO TO SAINT PETERS TURD. i HAVE HAD THE Displeasure of staying here my self for year's man my god it seems like centuries.!! There is no good jobs unless you work in narc **** off law informant or the medical field. Then there is the fact that in any given neighborhood there is at least one cop every block or two. They make the vast abundance of old farts feel safe but the result is an increased crime rate in the neighborhoods they move in to. your kids indiscretions can turn in to the states number one money maker law enforcement. Then every neighbor ends up being redundantly paranoid. Not to mention annoying. And thats not all my Friends there is much more to it then that. Lets go on from there.. From there we'll go on to the fact that we in the Wang of America are surrounded by Mexico Cuba and Hattie. That means anybody that can float over on a raft comes here. WHY IS THIS BAD !! Have you ever seen a neighborhood in one of these places, now look at your local ghetto now think of living almost annoyware ion Florida and in all eventuality some of the RD world trash moving in next to you in a nice neighborhood and slowly watching it decline because of poor black Mexicans and Cubans moving in. It does not stop there at all either. I'm sure you wont admit it but i will from what i have encountered black people are a pissed off angrier people and nobody can stand there ignorant attitude for the most part... OK well there all over this place man they breed like mice or rabbits or something. Then they ask your daughter if they reassess and then if the girl says no but i don't do black guys then the black man go well you reassess then until he makes her feel bad enough to Bork her then you have a mixed kid. Beware.... They are everyware.... Now the Mexicans I don't know about in your area of the region butt here they all share the same social security card and they 2 produce here like mice or rabbits or something Don't ask they just do like posse traction. OHO!! I almost forgot affirmative action is in full force here and pretty much allot of paying positions are allocated for minority's. labor construction restraint kitchen work. Kids here all ware tattoo's and ware wife beaters and shirts down to there knees like a dress and pants that look like they should fit fat Albert. Hey let me see ya grill n@#a and all that. And there are more drugs in Florida then in a night with jimmy Hendrix.. or Richard prior. Now on to the fact that every numb nuts on the road practical Drives a Ford F150 cant stay in the lane piece of junk that could potential catch fire in your driveway wile not running.
The people here drive trucks down the road like dutch bags it obnoxious.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:04 PM

737 posts, read 1,648,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilikikina View Post
Hello, I have been reading these boards for about a week now, obviously because I am thinking of moving to Florida. I was hoping that some of you could help me out with information. What I have gotten from these boards:

1.) Florida sucks

2.) Florida is expensive

3.) It is only a matter of time before you will be mugged or killed.

4.) Florida sucks.

5.) Florida is expensive.

Kidding aside, I was hoping someone could give me a link or let me know how I can find out the average's for bills. Meaning average electricity, gas, homeowners insurance, all that good stuff. I would like to compare average cost here compared to Florida and try to see how big of a difference it would be.

Also, if there is anyone out there reading this that has moved from Colorado to Florida, could you please let me know if you felt it was a good move? I really am concerned about crime/schools in Florida. If I could be convinced that I can find somewhere in Florida that is comparable to Colorado, I would feel better about the move.

Thanks for your help!
This depends on where you live in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida