Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 09:35 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Vineyards View Post
Those pictures make me super jealous. I loved the afternoon thunderstorms that seemed to roll into the East Coast almost everydat at 4 pm. They wer refreshing and did not last long. I even road out one of the east coast hurricanes in a 24' boat and loved every minute of it, but what did I know I was straight from the north. You know you are from the north when you have a rain storm that dumps 4" an hour and the last time you saw that it was called "Monsoon Season" and there you are with buckets trying to take water out of your pool as you have no idea there are overflow drains. Oh well the neighbor had a good time watching me. Keep those pic's coming and some day, I will be in one of them......
This gave me a laugh all day. Thx for your posts, they always make me smile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 11:43 AM

65 posts, read 354,673 times
Talking Florida Beauty Worth Preserving In Pinellas County

Just a few shots of some beautiful nature located in Pinellas County.

A serene little nature trail in Chautauqua Park, Clearwater, Florida.

All photos courtesy Clearwater Daily Photo

A not so little alligator gliding through the waters of Sawgrass Lake Park in St. Petersburg, Florida.

A group of baby alligators spotted at Sawgrass Lake Park in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Photos copyright Clearwater Daily Photo

Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 PM

Thumbs up Edgewater Drive Trail in Dunedin, Florida

This is a beautiful place for a walk at sunset. Absolutely stunning scenery, and if you're lucky, you might get to watch some dolphins playing in St. Joseph Sound.

Photo courtesy of Dunedin Daily Photo

Photo copyright Dunedin Daily Photo

Old 09-22-2010, 09:45 AM

Talking The Beach At Sand Key, Clearwater, Florida

Let's face it, the beaches are a lot of what makes this area awesome. Some days it's hard to turn around without finding sights worth preserving. And someone must have figured that out, as you can see in the bottom photo. Even though there are lots of condo's out there on Sand Key, they still carved out a nice park to save some of the natural beauty.

Photos courtesy of Clearwater Beach Daily Photo.

Photos copyright Clearwater Beach Daily Photo

Old 09-23-2010, 12:43 PM

123 posts, read 286,948 times
my trip from ohio to florida and back...starts in the dark early hours of the morning

Old 09-27-2010, 09:40 AM

Smile Clearwater Storms from Memorial Causeway

It was so cool to walk up there on the bridge with the clouds getting all crazy like that. The lighting was really neat, and I got the shot. This is looking east from near the top of the Clearwater Memorial Causeway Bridge. That's Clearwater there. You can see the green writing on the Stein Mart building. To the left of Stein Mart is Coachman Park, the green area down near the water, and up the bluff behind that is the Clearwater Library downtown branch.

Photos courtesy of Clearwater Daily Photo

This is a closer shot from the same night. In this photograph you can see Coachman Park clearly, with the library up behind it, with the blue roof.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:43 PM

43 posts, read 74,377 times
Default photos of largo clearwater

bluewater beach in st.pete
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blondedroid/sets/72157624319344197/ (broken link)

clearwater marine aquarium
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blondedroid/sets/72157624444069516/ (broken link)

gandy beach is dog friendly
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blondedroid/sets/72157624319349367/ (broken link)

Last edited by blondedroid; 09-28-2010 at 02:59 PM..

Old 09-29-2010, 04:44 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
A baker's dozen of baby green sea turtles last month

Recent sunrise on a lake in our neighborhood

It's fall and the beautyberries are here

Old 09-29-2010, 04:54 PM

Post Clearwater, Florida Is Beautiful Too!

Assorted shots around Clearwater, Florida.

Chautauqua Park South is an amazing little spot of 'wilderness' in the middle of Clearwater, surrounded by neighborhoods on three sides, and bordered by the Camp Soule Boy Scouts camp on the fourth side. Both also front on Lake Chautauqua. It's a really nice little park to enjoy any given evening when you don't have the time or energy to drive out of town.

Photos courtesy of Clearwater Daily Photo

This is a great area for motorcycling too. If you are so inclined, you can go without your helmet... legally.

If a person has to go to work every day, it's not a bad thing to be able to see a beautiful sunrise in your rear view mirror! Hmmm, another mirror shot. I wonder what that says about my psyche.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,375,200 times
Cool Wonderful pictures of human landscapes in Florida !

Some exemples :

All here :
Human landscapes in SW Florida - The Big Picture - Boston.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida