Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 08:11 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanbat View Post
Yaa, boy! Did a week of searching the area. When the queen of all patient realtors, Debbie Collura, showed me a house there I got stuck and couldn't get unstuck. Beautiful!
So, does that mean you might get a home in Lake Jovita? We lived right around the corner from there (Happy Hill/St. Joe road area) for many years. That area is really a beautiful place to live, we loved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 08:41 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
If you have the time, spend a week in all the places that interested you on previous visits. Don't go tourist, spend a week like a local. Some place will pop out and grab you.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Live on the Gulf side. You can always visit the Atlantic side, but now you'll have cheaper prices on the Gulf side.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 PM

140 posts, read 400,030 times
PSL seems to be the least expensive & while it has no "downtown" it's right between Stuart and Ft Pierce which both do.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:26 AM

74 posts, read 120,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
So, does that mean you might get a home in Lake Jovita? We lived right around the corner from there (Happy Hill/St. Joe road area) for many years. That area is really a beautiful place to live, we loved it.
Yes, we've been in Jovita since the middle of June. We are as happy as clams here, absolutely beautiful place. My wife, daughter, and grandkids love it with a passion. The extra driving to get to shopping does not bother us, it is SO worth it!
We also love Florida. Now instead of saying, "What is there to do?", we say, "What are we going to do this weekend?" The positives seem endless: the proximity to both the Gulf and the Atlantic, the diversity of culture, the friendly people, the fun stuff, and of course, the weather. All of this and more precipitates an abundance of gratitude in the Gman household.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo178979 View Post
I have been to Miami, Deerfield and Tampa. Of all I prefer Tampa. If you want a nice community try Dade City in Tampa. Lake Jovita in Dade City, Tampa is great for retirees. Check out their website. LakeJovita.com
I was in Clearwater last summer and drove to Orlando and took the scenic route and ended up going thru thru Dade City & Groveland. They were very nice quaint towns...and very peaceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida