Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 12:39 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,156,169 times

Advertisements

...I have family interested in the area and I'm trying to give some info.

I did look up the neighborhood in the zip code 33463, they have 2,887 homes for sale, 656 of which are showing up in G. A.

Compared to family's side of town (Bradenton, Ugh! but at least it's north b'ton) where I am coming up with 522 homes showing up under 34209 with 98in mom's subdivision...

I'm thinking, gee no rush to make a high bid over on the east coast in Lake Worth, especially green acres? Looked on zillow.com and even found "short sale" listing....hmmm....

I'm just a bit concerned as it is family buying and I want to make sure that the neighborhood is suitable to senior living....as in where's the supermarket, movie cinema, restaurant availability...

Any thoughts on what's going on with Lake Worth's economy (yeah, I know it's Florida...just don't want any surprises, if family members end up there....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 03:03 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,603,240 times
Greenacres is a city not a subdivision. It's heavily Senior and Retiree area, along with working class people and some so so areas east of Jog. Not sure if that's what your talking about?

Old 03-12-2008, 03:05 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,937,097 times
I was going to say. Lucerne Lakes seems to be one of the big retirement area in west Lake Worth and it's cheap and very safe, also close to everything you need like Publix. I have a family member that lives there. I don't know that area like to a block by block basis but I didn't think there was a Green Acres subdivision. Greenacres is a city and it's basically like a higher crime version (still not dangerous) of Tamarac if you are familiar with that area. The economy is the same as any other working class South Florida area. Oh, and don't go east of Military Trail unless they want to get robbed. East Lake Worth is scary.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 03-12-2008 at 03:16 PM..

Old 03-12-2008, 04:44 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,963,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I was going to say. Lucerne Lakes seems to be one of the big retirement area in west Lake Worth and it's cheap and very safe, also close to everything you need like Publix. I have a family member that lives there. I don't know that area like to a block by block basis but I didn't think there was a Green Acres subdivision. Greenacres is a city and it's basically like a higher crime version (still not dangerous) of Tamarac if you are familiar with that area. The economy is the same as any other working class South Florida area. Oh, and don't go east of Military Trail unless they want to get robbed. East Lake Worth is scary.
I just moved from 33463. It's scary! All of Greenacres is getting scary. It's not a sub as you say but a city. West Lake Worth is about the best area there now, but crime is increasing all over. Housing is cheaper in that area because it is difficult to sell. It's not nice there anymore. I would not recommend it to anyone. Especially a retiree. Tamarac is much nicer.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:07 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,257,178 times
I would not recommend Greenacres. It is a very transient area; the good sections are mixed in directly with the bad. It is very similar to Lake Worth Corridor.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:55 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,937,097 times
Wow, didn't think Greenacres could be that bad.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:14 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,603,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Wow, didn't think Greenacres could be that bad.
Its not that bad just not that great, especially east of Jog. Some parts have that run down appearance and there is some dumpy apartments/projects.

Riverbridge and Fairway Isles/Normandy Isles (what they use to be called years ago) are all west of Jog as is Dillman Farms.

When I think of scary, I'm thinking Liberty City, Riviera Beach, parts of downtown West Palm Beach North side like Northwood Hills, Magonia Park and toss in Belle Glade out west.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:19 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,156,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Greenacres is a city not a subdivision. It's heavily Senior and Retiree area, along with working class people and some so so areas east of Jog. Not sure if that's what your talking about?
Ok..I had no idea....I felt something wrong while searching the amount of listings....

My girlfriend said to check out Isles of Aberdeen? Her parents live there....it's Boyton Beach and she said a better area.....

Old 03-13-2008, 08:45 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,257,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Its not that bad just not that great, especially east of Jog. Some parts have that run down appearance and there is some dumpy apartments/projects.

Riverbridge and Fairway Isles/Normandy Isles (what they use to be called years ago) are all west of Jog as is Dillman Farms.

When I think of scary, I'm thinking Liberty City, Riviera Beach, parts of downtown West Palm Beach North side like Northwood Hills, Magonia Park and toss in Belle Glade out west.
It's not scary run down like those, but it's also not safe. Greenacres also has a ton of sex offenders for such a small area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida