Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 04:38 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericnGrl View Post
Stop feeling sorry for yourself the fact that you are gay and think you've been treated unfairly has nothing to do with me. I came here for information about Florida. I did not come here to get your opinion about me or my children. Your OPINION is irrelevant to me. Your being GAY does not give you license to pontificate or lecture or give unwanted opinions about stuff you know nothing about. I did not come here to hear your lamentations on the gay lifestyle or how wounded you are.
Do not comment again I do not wish further discourse with you. It is you who cannot read or comprehend that I want to discuss Florida NOT YOUR alleged suffering because you are GAY. What my race is and my sexual preferences are is MY BUSINESS NOT YOURS. My children are not your business.
I'd suggest you put this poster on ignore, doing that makes the poster disappear into the wilds of cyberspace, at least as far as you are concerned, lol.

Good luck with your Florida search. We are located about 25-30 miles north of Ft. Myers, in the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area. It's traditionally been a red area with a lot of hard working, down to earth folks, including many retirees who are friendly and helpful, along with a reasonable cost of living. I'm hoping that won't change as it seems we have been discovered by retirees, snowbirds and other visitors whose traditional destination in FL was Palm Beach county ( Boca Raton, Delray, Boynton Beach), and more of them are coming here and some bringing their "entitlement mentalities", politics and sense of superiorities with them.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:36 AM

416 posts, read 253,406 times
I would say the politics range from Red to Purple in Florida.

Even down here in Miami-Dade (which usually goes Blue), there is such a mix of political views that you won't find in say San Francisco or Boston. People here don't bring up their political views with people they just meet because they have no idea what side that person will be on.

In places like San Francisco and Boston, it's much more uniform, so everyone just assumes you're on the same page and politics get brought up all the time.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:40 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
If politics matter when dealing with your neighbors find a deserted island. I have lived all over this Country and in Red and Blue States and it never directly impacted my day to day life or friends. Usually the ones who are so focused on politics are the problem, so don't do that. Learn to live with nice people and ignore the rest as both Red and Blue areas have such and politics is not the major reason.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:05 AM

226 posts, read 267,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I'd suggest you put this poster on ignore, doing that makes the poster disappear into the wilds of cyberspace, at least as far as you are concerned, lol.

Good luck with your Florida search. We are located about 25-30 miles north of Ft. Myers, in the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area. It's traditionally been a red area with a lot of hard working, down to earth folks, including many retirees who are friendly and helpful, along with a reasonable cost of living. I'm hoping that won't change as it seems we have been discovered by retirees, snowbirds and other visitors whose traditional destination in FL was Palm Beach county ( Boca Raton, Delray, Boynton Beach), and more of them are coming here and some bringing their "entitlement mentalities", politics and sense of superiorities with them.
Good suggestion - fortunately for me I discovered the IGNORE feature shortly after responding to this poor lamentable creature.

Anyway, thanks for your good wishes, you insight and recommended localities and of course your advice about the "ignore" key. What luck I guess I've been coming here several years and only just now had the need to find it.

Down-to-earth folks sound like my kind of people and isn't that what its all about: making, informed, INTELLIGENT CHOICES.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:16 AM

226 posts, read 267,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Are you aware that the name of the state of Florida is Spanish?

It has been for over 500 years.
History and development of places is an amazing thing. Like Quebec and their French history. Louisiana (Cajun / Creole) and Florida both stand out in my mind as having amazing and unique history; places have their own customs and cultures (some more interesting than others) and every so often unforseeable events cause ripples that cause changes like what happened in Cuba with Castro and the revolution and all. What if we had a crystal ball to see into the future? What if it what it showed was a dark future full of bad news and there was nothing you could do to change it? A matter of perspective I guess or an idea for a new Twilight Zone.

Last edited by AmericnGrl; 03-04-2017 at 12:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida