Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 06:12 PM

91 posts, read 152,130 times

Advertisements

well, to tell you the truth, i was totally shocked by the crime rates in fort myers . and also, i always figured that any drug runners that tried to ship their drugs to florida's west coast would end up smashing their boats up on the coral reefs in the keys. in fact, even more shocking was that the website i surfed showed all crime rates to be higher than in miami. the only town that was showed as worse than fort myers was opa locka. now several places i found to be not so dangerous were fort lauderdale and south miami. plus, i dont think there are any gas stations along the everglades highway, also known as alligator alley, so how could anyone possibly drive anything other than an 18 wheeler or a motor home the entire length of that deserted highway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2006, 06:53 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,163,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelychicagoan View Post
well, to tell you the truth, i was totally shocked by the crime rates in fort myers . and also, i always figured that any drug runners that tried to ship their drugs to florida's west coast would end up smashing their boats up on the coral reefs in the keys. in fact, even more shocking was that the website i surfed showed all crime rates to be higher than in miami. the only town that was showed as worse than fort myers was opa locka. now several places i found to be not so dangerous were fort lauderdale and south miami. plus, i dont think there are any gas stations along the everglades highway, also known as alligator alley, so how could anyone possibly drive anything other than an 18 wheeler or a motor home the entire length of that deserted highway?
Ft Laud is nice and so is South Miami. Mucho $$$$$ and they're not THAT nice but you know areas come and go and South Miami is very "chic" lately. That's because there is no more land in Dade County and traffic, parking, is ridiculous when you want to go the Grove or Brickell area, which are "chic-er".
Hey, you never know, maybe Opa Locka will someday be up and coming too There's also an area called Overtown. That's being revitalized!

Old 11-29-2006, 08:55 PM

91 posts, read 152,130 times
like i may have said before, because of my disability, i will be going through a center for independent living if and when i move down there.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:16 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Did you think drugs only arrived by sea?

Funny aside. Everglades City was busted for bringing in tons of drugs a few years ago. That is the west coast. There was no industry in the area and so it was all the locals had for income. HUGE income that they generated.

Everglades City is the East Coast. Where exactly do you think people are crashing? What reefs? They have pulled lots of illegal immigrants coming to Sanibel Island from Cuba.

You need to do much more research. Southwest Florida is for the very rich. The less-than are not welcomed. Heck, they even stopped the churches from handing out food in the Fort Myers park.

And people cross Alligator everyday. People with regular cars.

Geez.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:17 PM

I meant to say that Everglades City is the west coast. Sorry. Still. Weird post.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:30 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 433,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelychicagoan View Post
well, to tell you the truth, i was totally shocked by the crime rates in fort myers . and also, i always figured that any drug runners that tried to ship their drugs to florida's west coast would end up smashing their boats up on the coral reefs in the keys.
LonelyChicagoan... your comment about the drug runners "smashing their boats in the coral reefs" is soooooooo bad, people may rename you "LOONEYChicagoan".

I mean no offense.... but man this is just too funny. Reading this is making me lagh so hard, my side are about to split! Ha ha ha ha.... LOL OMG... this is too funny!

LonelyChicagoan, South Florida is so bad with crack and pills that you cannot even stop to ask for directions without something thinking you are trying to buy crack.

Who ever told you it is nice? FL is becoming southern California. The good stuff you hear on this board are real estate agents trying to suck you into buying something.

Do some research on FL, man. You may be lonely in Chicago, but at least you are not dead during a home invasion by a crackhead.

FL is no longer, the wonderful, safe, place it used to be. It is violent, expensive, and filled with criminal illegal aliens. These aliens are very dangerous, I work in immigration law.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:33 PM

Oh Chris, that has GOT to be a thankless job. Geez.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:41 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 433,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Oh Chris, that has GOT to be a thankless job. Geez.
It is awful. I am trying to go into contracts or corporate law, but transitioning is hard.

I had a Pakistani dude basically threaten me because he is under "pending background check" from the FBI before he can get his green card (married a fat, disgusting trailer lady).

Illegal immigration must be stopped. You should see the horrors I see at work. It is depressing. Maybe I should be a mortician... it would be less depressing.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:43 PM

We had Cubans renting in the back of our property in Fort Myers. They were dump truck drivers out of Miami. They were horrible to us. They took everything that wasn't nailed own. At one point, they shut off our electricity and ran it to themselves. They eventually moved trailers onto the property. They were defecating on the property. We called the sherriff, and they were removed.

I think that was the beginning of the end.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:48 PM

I have never been prejudiced in my life. Not once. I would rather die. But the people I have encountered will look you in the eye and laugh. They hate us and are invading. It is horrible. They hate America. They want it to be Cuba. Am I right? I am a bleeding heart liberal and I couldn't believe it.

God, I hope they don't delete this.

This was not Miami. This was Fort Myers, Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida