Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 11:50 AM

38 posts, read 62,816 times

Advertisements

Runwithscissors -- Are you a woman? Because this is a highly subjective question. The question depends on your age, male or female and what you can afford. Men and women are very different as it's a bit deceiving when a single MAN asks a question where to live and the responses are from married women. Women and liberals dominate this forum so it is almost impossible to get unbiased feedback in the best interest of the person asking. My Father is looking for responses from fellow single MEN around his age. Thanks.

Last edited by Madruga; 03-30-2016 at 01:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 03:22 PM

27,213 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
If he likes Jupiter and Tequesta-why not that area?
I agree, or a bit further north to Stuart-Jensen Beach which is very nice and not overcrowded.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:23 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
Runwithscissors -- Are you a woman? Because this is a highly subjective question. The question depends on your age, male or female and what you can afford. Men and women are very different as it's a bit deceiving when a single MAN asks a question where to live and the responses are from married women. Women and liberals dominate this forum so it is almost impossible to get unbiased feedback in the best interest of the person asking. My Father is looking for responses from fellow single MEN around his age. Thanks.

LMFAO OK good.

Do us a favor and remove Vero Beach from the list.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Do us a favor and remove Vero Beach from the list.
I'm guessing you're a middle aged married woman? How would you feel if you asked a question where a 50s+ married woman should live in Florida and 20 something single men responded? My Dad can live anywhere he wants. Online forums are extremely subjective. Would a bunch of 60+ single woman want to ask rowdy 20 something Miami males for advice on where to live? No.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:55 PM

501 posts, read 1,882,365 times
Quote:
...He said New Smyrna was a little dead, but liked Daytona Beach Shores, but still a good four hours north of Palm Beach/FLL airports although Orlando is a major airport. Dad does not care for Orlando. Keep the suggestions coming folks. Dad appreciates the help.
Thank goodness Old Pops has your help!

You can instruct him that Daytona Beach has a REAL Airport. It's known as DAB. They have airplanes there he can board and fly on. They go to real places too -- or you can make a connection to "other" real places also!

Wow! Can you imagine that?

Flight Schedule

Old 03-31-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post
Thank goodness Old Pops has your help!

You can instruct him that Daytona Beach has a REAL Airport. It's known as DAB. They have airplanes there he can board and fly on. They go to real places too -- or you can make a connection to "other" real places also!

Wow! Can you imagine that?

Flight Schedule
***MOD CUT***

Who wants to fly to Charlotte or Atlanta all the time? DAB Airport is a joke and Dad knows this already.

Last edited by doggiebus; 04-04-2016 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Personal Attacks Not Allowed.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:05 AM

27,213 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
***MOD CUT***

Who wants to fly to Charlotte or Atlanta all the time? DAB Airport is a joke and Dad knows this already.
That actually may be changing. JetBlue has started nonstop service out of DAB to NY's JFK.

Last edited by doggiebus; 04-04-2016 at 07:07 AM..

Old 04-01-2016, 07:09 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you're a middle aged married woman? How would you feel if you asked a question where a 50s+ married woman should live in Florida and 20 something single men responded? My Dad can live anywhere he wants. Online forums are extremely subjective. Would a bunch of 60+ single woman want to ask rowdy 20 something Miami males for advice on where to live? No.
What the hell are you even talking about? Your "dad" is a middle aged man. NEITHER Of us are 20 something OR married. So I guess you needed to state "ONLY SINGLE MALES NEED RESPOND".

You think you've got it all figured out. With your 3 post history on City Data. Why don't you focus on the goal you claim you have instead of making rude personal comments. Not to mention the RUDE unappreciative response after someone takes the time to write you a War and Peace reply.

Someone who targets fishing, golf, boating and owning/piloting their own plane with the highest percentage of CEOs is DEFINITELY targeting middle aged married female interests? Albeit I know PLENTY of females with those interests but you wouldn't have a clue.

I hit every point on your questionable weak vague wishlist. I even gave you an equidistant point from the ONLY TWO "major" airports in the area you mentioned. PROTIP: We people who TRAVEL actually KNOW to say INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT not "major airport".

I'll note that you didn't name a single INTEREST of your "dad". Or any criteria different than any other new random Florida "move to Florida" member. Of any gender.

If you have SOMETHING SPECIFIC, you need to SAY IT. ie "young chick booty call like you find in the CLASSY Quiet / Mannered / Professional Adults DAYTONA BEACH SHORES" - a 5 mile stretch of stacked high rises.

Of course "dad" seems to LIKE the wall to wall stacked highrises since he lives in FLL and LIKES Daytona Beach Shores. We PROHIBIT THEM here, in Vero Beach for a reason.

Daytona Beach Shores is 50% age 65 or older.

BTW, apparently your "dad", a RENTER, DOES have some issues if he lives in Florida but needs a bunch of strangers to talk him into "where to move".

Yes I'm a female. UNMARRIED FOR MANY DECADES. In YOUR DAD'S age group. LIBERALS? LMFAO, yeah ok. It's YOUR "dad" who doesn't mind living in Liberal central not me. But HE'S a RENTER so he doesn't care about all of we taxpayers who have to pay for Debbie Wasserman-Schultz having local law enforcement carrying her bags through the airport.

And the CORRUPT SUPERLIB Alcee Hastings as HIS representative. Does he even VOTE?

I'm a life-long corporate exec. - once responsible for a $5 Billion P&L, owned two businesses ALONE, and now own a dog walking/pet sitting business. I'm sure you know what a P&L is, right?

A business where male idiots can't even walk their own macho powerful breed dogs properly without falling on the ground so they have to hire me.

MY $600K - $900K housing budget is worth just as much as your "dad"s". And I've been MORE THAN EASILY capable of spending it and deciding where to live since I was 21 years old.

I call BS on your story, anyway LOL. This is not our first time at this rodeo. It's generally accepted etiquette that you don't walk into someone's home and spit on their floor.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 04-01-2016 at 07:33 AM..

Old 04-01-2016, 10:51 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
If he's chill and likes The Keys, why not Key Largo? He can zip up to MIA when needed for travel and live a pretty chill life surrounded by water. Car trips to other islands in The Keys, all the way to Key West, are pretty easy. If he likes to bike ride, he can even do that from Key to Key.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:00 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
What the hell are you even talking about? Your "dad" is a middle aged man. NEITHER Of us are 20 something OR married. So I guess you needed to state "ONLY SINGLE MALES NEED RESPOND".

You think you've got it all figured out. With your 3 post history on City Data. Why don't you focus on the goal you claim you have instead of making rude personal comments. Not to mention the RUDE unappreciative response after someone takes the time to write you a War and Peace reply.

Someone who targets fishing, golf, boating and owning/piloting their own plane with the highest percentage of CEOs is DEFINITELY targeting middle aged married female interests? Albeit I know PLENTY of females with those interests but you wouldn't have a clue.

I hit every point on your questionable weak vague wishlist. I even gave you an equidistant point from the ONLY TWO "major" airports in the area you mentioned. PROTIP: We people who TRAVEL actually KNOW to say INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT not "major airport".

I'll note that you didn't name a single INTEREST of your "dad". Or any criteria different than any other new random Florida "move to Florida" member. Of any gender.

If you have SOMETHING SPECIFIC, you need to SAY IT. ie "young chick booty call like you find in the CLASSY Quiet / Mannered / Professional Adults DAYTONA BEACH SHORES" - a 5 mile stretch of stacked high rises.

Of course "dad" seems to LIKE the wall to wall stacked highrises since he lives in FLL and LIKES Daytona Beach Shores. We PROHIBIT THEM here, in Vero Beach for a reason.

Daytona Beach Shores is 50% age 65 or older.

BTW, apparently your "dad", a RENTER, DOES have some issues if he lives in Florida but needs a bunch of strangers to talk him into "where to move".

Yes I'm a female. UNMARRIED FOR MANY DECADES. In YOUR DAD'S age group. LIBERALS? LMFAO, yeah ok. It's YOUR "dad" who doesn't mind living in Liberal central not me. But HE'S a RENTER so he doesn't care about all of we taxpayers who have to pay for Debbie Wasserman-Schultz having local law enforcement carrying her bags through the airport.

And the CORRUPT SUPERLIB Alcee Hastings as HIS representative. Does he even VOTE?

I'm a life-long corporate exec. - once responsible for a $5 Billion P&L, owned two businesses ALONE, and now own a dog walking/pet sitting business. I'm sure you know what a P&L is, right?

A business where male idiots can't even walk their own macho powerful breed dogs properly without falling on the ground so they have to hire me.

MY $600K - $900K housing budget is worth just as much as your "dad"s". And I've been MORE THAN EASILY capable of spending it and deciding where to live since I was 21 years old.

I call BS on your story, anyway LOL. This is not our first time at this rodeo. It's generally accepted etiquette that you don't walk into someone's home and spit on their floor.

Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida