Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 04:17 PM

495 posts, read 2,328,793 times

Advertisements

If you can get a good price for your home sell it now because prices in the UK will fall big time in the future.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 02:54 PM

11 posts, read 53,854 times
Default Life in Florida

South Florida is the more congested area of the state, and is flat. Central Florida, North Florida and the Panhandle have gently rolling hills and prettier natural vegetation. South Florida is hotter. Central Florida, North Florida and the panhandle have beautiful natural springs. The east coast is more cosmopolitan, and the west coast is more rural. First determine where there are jobs for you, then figure out what you want to do in your spare time.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:55 AM

4 posts, read 8,191 times
Lightbulb Trinity, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewlife View Post
Hi I'm new to all this and I am so lost.
I am from the south of Uk, married and have three children 11, 7 and 16mths. We are looking into moving to florida for a new fresh and exciting start. I expect you have all herd it before but where do you start????? We have just had the house valued and is looking good. We have been looking at every single site on the internet from the embassey to buying homes but where do you actually start? which schools to go for? the areas that are best to live in and the all important one what is the first step? Do we organise a house first or visas first and what visa do we need I mean there is so much. There are so many british people out there where did you all go to first?????? Jill
i suggest you check out Trinity, Florida. It's a wonderful town (I live there) and it is brand new. It is a GREAT place to raise children and the schools are wonderful. There are many families and tons of brand new shops and it is a great place. It's close to Clearwater Beach and other beaches, about 30 minutes from Tampa, and about 1 hour from Orlando. Busch Gardens (an amusement park) is close by. It is an amazing place and I love living here. You should really check it out. You will probably like it.

PS- almost everyone will LOVE your accent!!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,620 times
i want to move to florida, im 19 and currently live with my boyfriend, he is a plasterer, does that count as a proffession?? i would like to be a make-up artist, maybe i could teach in schools. i have family that live in north carolina, as im half american, could they sponser me even though its florida i want to move to not north carolina? id love a new fresh start and it would be great to start a family there one day. i can dream, but any help would be very much appreciated

Old 08-16-2010, 10:16 PM

8 posts, read 11,218 times
Once you solve your immigration problems (BY FAR the most complicated issue you will encounter in moving to Florida) everything else will be a breeze.

Basically to move here legally (that doesn't mean a "green card", that's even more complicated) you need to either have A LOT of money to invest, or have a job offer already in hand. If you go the job offer route, then once you have an offer you will be able to apply for a number of work visas but even those are limited and extremely competitive so you will also need to have luck with those. It also takes a long time to get the visa approved and you can't work until you get it so you need to find a company that wants you so much that will be willing to put up with that. Your wife also can't work unless she does the same process herself.

Good luck to you and your family!
However from an immigration perspective you are better off moving to Australia. Much easier and same weather!

Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,240 times
Hi we are looking to move to Florida too. We can rent our relatives holiday home long term so as far as finding a property that's sorted. My partner is in the Air Conditioning business so what better place than Flrida. I am a Teaching Assistant and we have 3 children 19,11,5.
We have been told to get an employer to sponsor your move to Florida unless a relative sponsors you or you invest £25,000 into a business and employ Americans.
If anyone can help I would be grateful
Thanks x x
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida