Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:42 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times

Advertisements

Whew its been so hot here in WPB that I much welcomed the cold front! Its 82 degrees in my room(no! not heated!) because of the insulation and computer. I opened the window and hope my room cools down to 75. I went outside and it felt like 65 degrees so I wonder how it really can be 53! If its really 53 degrees then sorry, but that is only slightly cool, not at all cold. I cant wait to move out of south Florida and into OH or WV where the temperatures are around 30! If itll be 30 outside, it may be 55 inside with the windows closed, the house insulated(but not heated) and my computer heating up my bedroom to a comfortable 55-60 degrees. A nice blanket will keep me warm all night and in the day itll heat up. I doubt ill need the heater much, maybe if its a really cold winter day with 10 degree temps then ill heat the house to 50 degrees to save money. Ill only need air condition in the summer and wont need any a/c and hardly any heat the rest of the time.

Yes some of you like it hot. Not me, I like it nice and mild around 50-60 degrees. Indoors will be 20-30 degrees warmer than outdoors so it can be 30 outdoors and in the 50s indoors which is fine with me. I will save a fortune on air condition in OH or WV for example, yet its not so cold that I will need heating on most winter days, just the coldest days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2006, 03:54 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
It's 40 degrees here!
I think I'll do some baking today.
I am glad to turn off the AC and open some windows, but I do enjoy swimming.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:47 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,333,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Whew its been so hot here in WPB that I much welcomed the cold front! Its 82 degrees in my room(no! not heated!) because of the insulation and computer. I opened the window and hope my room cools down to 75. I went outside and it felt like 65 degrees so I wonder how it really can be 53! If its really 53 degrees then sorry, but that is only slightly cool, not at all cold. I cant wait to move out of south Florida and into OH or WV where the temperatures are around 30! If itll be 30 outside, it may be 55 inside with the windows closed, the house insulated(but not heated) and my computer heating up my bedroom to a comfortable 55-60 degrees. A nice blanket will keep me warm all night and in the day itll heat up. I doubt ill need the heater much, maybe if its a really cold winter day with 10 degree temps then ill heat the house to 50 degrees to save money. Ill only need air condition in the summer and wont need any a/c and hardly any heat the rest of the time.

Yes some of you like it hot. Not me, I like it nice and mild around 50-60 degrees. Indoors will be 20-30 degrees warmer than outdoors so it can be 30 outdoors and in the 50s indoors which is fine with me. I will save a fortune on air condition in OH or WV for example, yet its not so cold that I will need heating on most winter days, just the coldest days.
Oh, N_A_N--I'm not trying trying to pick on you and I really do wish you the best, but if you think 30 degrees outside in Ohio or WV equals 50 degrees inside, you're sadly mistaken. Have you traveled to either state yet?
Good luck to you, but I still think-- it's 50 degrees outside.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:05 AM

269 posts, read 1,056,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Indoors will be 20-30 degrees warmer than outdoors so it can be 30 outdoors and in the 50s indoors which is fine with me. I will save a fortune on air condition in OH or WV for example, yet its not so cold that I will need heating on most winter days, just the coldest days.
You HAVE to stick around until you've made it through a winter in Ohio and tell me about your electic bill. It may be 50 indoors after ONE day of 30 outdoors...but it not after 3 in a row, let alone 53 in a row.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 AM

566 posts, read 2,058,255 times
I woke up this morning to get the paper...and all I could do was smile. It was 59 here in Miami with a high of 75 today - blue sky, sun shining, birds singing...Tonight it goes down to 62...at the end of the week it goes up a bit, then goes down again till we reach more of a perfect balance.
The slight cooler tinge on my skin is thrilling...it say's to me: It's arriving & the best of FL is yet to come . Ahhhh.......

Up in Central Fl where I'm going it's in the 40's, 50's in Disney....yippppeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
"Hurray for Fl-ollywood..." la, la, la...

Last edited by lulu; 10-24-2006 at 08:48 AM..

Old 10-24-2006, 04:09 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Thumbs up no cold,,

Bring back the heat. I'll take the 80s and 90s any time..

Old 10-25-2006, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post

If you have to use air condition then its too hot. Ill take 60 degrees and saving money on air condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamutz View Post
You HAVE to stick around until you've made it through a winter in Ohio and tell me about your electic bill. It may be 50 indoors after ONE day of 30 outdoors...but it not after 3 in a row, let alone 53 in a row.

Ill deal with it. My friend pays $200 a month for heating, he doesnt mind a little cold.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
it is a tad nippy this morning the news is saying 46 with it going up to 72
mmm this is perfect weather
I am glad it is staying in the 70's I am not ready to start wearing socks yet
Everyone jokes "it must be cold Karla is wearing socks"
Karla

Old 10-25-2006, 05:26 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,333,474 times
Quote:
I hear ya, bnepler!

Quote:
If you have to use air condition then its too hot.
....and if you have to use heater than it's too cold!!!!

Old 10-25-2006, 06:45 AM

You wont find perfect weather where you wont need a/c nor heat except in the Pacific coast, namely California. Good luck comming up with around $700k for a ~1200 square foot starter 3/1 old(er) house in the Bay area. There are some places in other countries with mild summers and above freezing winters in addition to parts of the Pacific coast and California.

I will take 3 out of 4 as a compromise.

south Florida:

summer = 90s burning hot.
fall = 70s to 80s(still hot), occasionally 60s which is nice for a change.
"winter" = 50s to 70s which is nice.(wont need a/c 3 months of the year)
spring = slightly cooler than fall, still need a/c most days.

SE Ohio:

summer = 70s nice and mild, usually dont need a/c
fall = 40s to 60s I wont need heating for this.
"winter" = 10s to 30s, may need a little heating.
spring = slightly cooler than fall but still nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida