Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 08:24 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times

Advertisements

Went out to a site that tracks reported crimes. It was very interesting that there is a lot of property crime in the over-55 manufactured home parks in Florida is reported. Of course details beyond the basic crime hedging is not available. It may be that some of this is just neighborhood feuds. But you can clearly see clusters in these developments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 09:02 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
there is more crime in 55+ mobile home parks than gated SFH communities?

You don't say....

Old 02-03-2014, 10:05 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,324 times
I wonder how many of these involve a car crashing into a neighbor's trailer?

Old 02-04-2014, 05:46 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,281 times
ChuteTheMall has the right idea. We've lived in two 55+ parks for nearly 7 years. Crime is essentially nonexistent. I shudder at the thought of living "outside" on neighborhood streets again. Occasionally someone will come in and steal a bicycle or a lawnmower, but as for robberies, assaults, break ins, etc, it's nada. People here DO have guns and dogs, even if they're only little Yankee yappers. What are you gonna steal anyway, someone's teeth in a jar? Remember, some seniors suffer from dementia, and a lot are scared of their own shadows, so I would imagine that cops are called now and then for no reason. It is a RARE day when I see a cop car in a senior park. There were two instances in an earlier park where we lived when people w/ terminal illnesses shot themselves, but that's not a crime. It gets the cops out though, and they get to play w/ all their cop toys. Some of the old gals seem to be glued to their front windows, checking out everything that goes on from dusk to dawn, and at night they have a couple of golf carts that prowl around (until 9 or so when they get sleepy). 55+ parks are the safest places on earth. We never lock our doors, even when we leave for the day. Our neighbors have it covered. I also think there's the times when someone reports a lawnmower stolen that they sold years ago and can't remember having sold it :]

Last edited by smarino; 02-04-2014 at 05:55 AM..

Old 02-04-2014, 08:44 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
I can see the property crime going up in the summer in parks that are known to be big snowbird roosts. Fewer people there in July-easier to break in without anyone seeing what was going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida