Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 12:05 PM

3 posts, read 12,256 times

Advertisements

I am from Orlando and looking to move my family to Clermont. We tried living in St.Cloud and found it to not have the diversity we wanted. I am african american my husband is not and found that there are not many of my race in St.Cloud. I would like to find out would we encounter the same issue moving to Clermont?I just enjoy a diversified community and would hope to find that outside of Orlando, Thanks in advance for your response!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 01:07 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times
i think you are more likely to find diversity inside of orlando though.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:34 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommynikki2007 View Post
I am from Orlando and looking to move my family to Clermont. We tried living in St.Cloud and found it to not have the diversity we wanted. I am african american my husband is not and found that there are not many of my race in St.Cloud. I would like to find out would we encounter the same issue moving to Clermont?I just enjoy a diversified community and would hope to find that outside of Orlando, Thanks in advance for your response!
Wikipedia describes Clermont as "an affluent suburb of Orlando, pop about 22,000. And 83% white population. You can read the page here:

Clermont, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,393 times
Most Orlando-metro-area cities and towns seem to hover around 10-14 percent African-American. St. Cloud and Kissimmee area are the exceptions, though- they have fewer African-Americans but more Hispanics.

If it isn't too far from your work, you might consider cities in Seminole County as well as Claremont. Oviedo/Winter Springs area. Sanford also has alot of African-Americans (1/3 the population) and slightly fewer Hispanics. It is more like a typical southern town than the rest of the Orlando area.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:43 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
I do agree with Mangulus....

Claremont is a good choice but as stated Lake Mary, Oviedo, and Winter Springs are good choices too.

I do like Sanford, but it's going thru image growing pains (if there is such a thing). It's touch and go with the good and the bad and since I don't know the exact street names I wouldn't want to steer you wrong.

Good Luck.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:53 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
I do agree with Mangulus....

Claremont is a good choice but as stated Lake Mary, Oviedo, and Winter Springs are good choices too.

I do like Sanford, but it's going thru image growing pains (if there is such a thing). It's touch and go with the good and the bad and since I don't know the exact street names I wouldn't want to steer you wrong.

Good Luck.

sanford has been like that for yrs i think. nice towards i-4 though where the mall is, david maus toyota, etc...

Old 10-31-2007, 11:53 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,393 times
Sanford is nicer than Orlando, and the crime is lower. There are more minorities (like blacks), some of whom are poor, but it is still a nice city on the whole and has well layed out streets. There are far more native Floridias (AKA "crackers") up there too, if that is appealing at all.

My brother really likes Sanford. He has friends up there and they walk to restaurants. Few places in Central Florida are walkable like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida