Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 7,404 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My family and I are looking to relocate to the Inverness area and have been doing some research and have visited the town once. My question is, what kind of people live there? I have read alot that the town is laid back and friendly which is what we are looking for but just how laid back is it? Are their skanky people and drug addicts everywhere you go or are there nice clean working class people? I know there is both in any town but what is the majority in Inverness? Thank you for your replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 03:57 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,303 times
A charming clean town and you'll not witness near as much riff-raff as other areas of it's size. Defintely hard working clean overwhelm the dopers. I think you'll find more undesirables out in Beverly Hills, Crystal River and Homossasa The more remote parts of Citrus County, the worse it gets IMO.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 7,404 times
Thank you for your reply.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:25 AM

168 posts, read 394,615 times
I agree/disagree with a couple of posts. I have lived in Citrus county for five years now. There are good people here but 'friendly' is not a term I would connect with Citrus county. It is very safe, even in Beverly Hills (the sheriff lives within blocks of Beverly Hills). I have owned a home in Homosassa and have lived in the Terre Vista properties. Overall, I have found that the upper income people who live here have made some money on their home in the north, come down here and buy in a gated community and can be rude and pushy in the businesses; to me that makes for a tense environment. The friendlier people are in the Crystal River area, closer to the water, where the long time locals live and there isn't a big drug problem at all. With the money this county spends on protection from the negative elements, we have several boats, helicopters, planes and many more police officers than even needed in this area the bad guys really don't stand a chance. Inverness, Gospel Island area is nice and quaint but so is Crystal River with the shops on Citrus Avenue. You can find VERY good deals on homes in the area; what else are you looking for in a community? This would help more in deciding on the Citrus county area. I find the area incredibly boring and not so warm and friendly (and I am middle aged). I am looking to move to the Gainesville area, WEST of 75. The people are so warm, friendly, helpful. There is more drug and violent crime problems but it is mostly closer to UF.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,318,550 times
Inverness is nice.

As far as transplants go, they are almost all universally rude / idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida