Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 03:29 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
One of the kids' parks in Lakeland is the nicest I've ever seen, forgot the name
Probably Barnett Family Park (at Lake Mirror)?

Lake Mirror Park: Barnett Family Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 09:12 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Hmm.. Wasnt that one gypsychic..

It was really nice, not quite as new as the one you posted about. But very nice nonethless. There were older, FL style houses right across the street and surrounding park on, I'd say, at least 2 sides..with lots of trees and I loved the area.. Very old FL which you know is what I like!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:24 PM

729 posts, read 1,299,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Hmm.. Wasnt that one gypsychic..

It was really nice, not quite as new as the one you posted about. But very nice nonethless. There were older, FL style houses right across the street and surrounding park on, I'd say, at least 2 sides..with lots of trees and I loved the area.. Very old FL which you know is what I like!
Do you remember a golf course, across the streets and tennis courts next to it as well? If so that would be Common Ground Park off Edgewood.

Common Ground Inclusive Playground

Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas8309 View Post
Job status is not an issue for us, but thanks for the concern. I was looking into the area as a good place to raise a family...that is the information I was looking for. Can anyone answer some of my questions? There must be someone out there familiar with Lakeland Highlands??
Very familiar. Very nice middle class neighborhood. Near the historic district and not far south of Watson Clinic and Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Close to the Polk Parkway for a quick trip over to the beach. There are far worse choices on could make.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:57 PM

6 posts, read 13,766 times
Ive lived here for 10+ yrs. What do u want to know?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas8309 View Post
Hi,

My family is considering a move this summer to Lakeland Highlands from Dallas, TX. I have read and read and read some more on city-data about Lakeland and have heard all kinds of things. I am not sure if I should love Lakeland or run screaming out of fear! I am terribly nervous about this move and really need to hear from people who have lived there for a long time and from those who have made the move recently. I would like to get both sides. For the bad, I have heard the schools are terrible (we have 8 & 9 yr kids), the child molesters are lurking around every corner, watch out for the meth addicts and homeless people, and basically the place is a dump. For the good, I have heard Lakeland is family friendly, good people, lots to do, arts are prominent, and it is a great little town to live in to raise a family. Now it can't be both...so I ask everyone to help me out and let me know what is really going on in Lakeland. Please!

Should I move to Lakeland or stay in Dallas? Help!!!

Hi,

I have lived in Lakeland most of my life. Due to the economy I moved away about two years ago. Here is what I have found. There is good and bad no matter where you live. I curently live in a small town in MO and I msss Lakeland dearly. There is bad there no doubt just like anywhere else. I am now living in small town like mayberry but the drugs here are rampant. Choose to live on a good side of town and they are there and get involved with the town (in lakeland). Here is what I miss. Lakeland is in a great location, pleanty to do all around you. Its a farly large area but has a great southern hospitality about it. I miss the culture, I am in a 99% white area now and I miss what different people can bring to the table. The cost of living is high but I imagine not much higher than Dallas. Schools, I miss the schools there. Again small town feel in Lakeland, I was always welcomed to be involved in my kids education. I myself will take the bad that's in Lakeland as I see that it's really about what your perspective is and I am looking to move back there myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida