Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:45 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,370,302 times

Advertisements

ChrisA70, I just want to let you know that it works both ways. After leaving Florida in January of 2011, we're loving Massachusetts. We live on the Cape and it practically never snows. A few weeks ago we needed a vacation so we sat in front of the computer for a few hours and all the pics were of blue skies, ocean and sand, of which we had our fill, so we weren't enticed. Instead we went to Manhattan and had a memorable good time. I'm glad you realized that Florida was for you but for some of us... we're still thinking Good Riddance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,575,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
ChrisA70, I just want to let you know that it works both ways. After leaving Florida in January of 2011, we're loving Massachusetts. We live on the Cape and it practically never snows. A few weeks ago we needed a vacation so we sat in front of the computer for a few hours and all the pics were of blue skies, ocean and sand, of which we had our fill, so we weren't enticed. Instead we went to Manhattan and had a memorable good time. I'm glad you realized that Florida was for you but for some of us... we're still thinking Good Riddance!
That's why one cannot decide on a place just by another's experiences..we're all different..we might even change over time.....choosing a locale to live in is one of the most PERSONAL decisions one can make....If we seek vindication that Florida is a place best refered to as "good riddance," we have your words..if we seek vindication that it's an awesome place to be, there are tons of folks who would vouch for that...good luck all around...

Old 03-01-2012, 07:21 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,776,340 times
I love both places..... I just make it better here.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 PM

A little over a week after I got back, things are good. Wife back to work, I am waiting for a background check to come back, and I will be all set. Weather is set for a cool front tomorrow, yet it has not felt hot to me at all the last week or so. Things are good.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:00 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,388,682 times
it's still winter, though. lol.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:04 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,036,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
A little over a week after I got back, things are good. Wife back to work, I am waiting for a background check to come back, and I will be all set. Weather is set for a cool front tomorrow, yet it has not felt hot to me at all the last week or so. Things are good.
Chris,

There's an old expression that " you can never go home again". I have always taken that to mean that as things changes, you evolve, but that you can never recapture those cherished memories of the past. Now, in your case, your return to New England seemed to fit that description to a tee....your brief "stop" in no way matched your zealous anticipation of "home". Today, you are back in Florida. Are you now home, or is Florida a temporary stopover until you find what made you leave in the first place? If you can go home, and Florida is now your home, what are your memorable reasons for coming back (besides cheaper housing costs)?

Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,575,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
Chris,

There's an old expression that " you can never go home again". I have always taken that to mean that as things changes, you evolve, but that you can never recapture those cherished memories of the past. Now, in your case, your return to New England seemed to fit that description to a tee....your brief "stop" in no way matched your zealous anticipation of "home". Today, you are back in Florida. Are you now home, or is Florida a temporary stopover until you find what made you leave in the first place? If you can go home, and Florida is now your home, what are your memorable reasons for coming back (besides cheaper housing costs)?

If I might speculate, Chris probably weighed a variety of factors - personal - and concluded that there's no place on earth that'll present the utopia we all seek..and that he and his family, like all other humans, must evaluate which set of pros and cons in any locale works best for them.

Too often, those who conclude that a specific locale doesn't work well for THEM, continue to seek validation for their choices...and continue to feel insecure when others have made a choice FOR the locale that doesn't work for THEM.

Such validation is unnecessary, as we are all INDIVIDUALS..and one man's meat is another man's poson..and yeah, believe it or not, folks, for many FLORIDA is their PARADISE..and for others, it is pure HELL. Do not continually try to validate your own decision by questioning the choices of others.

If you do, you will forever be restless...just enjoy YOUR OWN choice.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:21 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,092,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Welcome back ChrisA!! I never in my wildest dreams figured you would be back in Florida!! Cool!!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
If I might speculate, Chris probably weighed a variety of factors - personal - and concluded that there's no place on earth that'll present the utopia we all seek..and that he and his family, like all other humans, must evaluate which set of pros and cons in any locale works best for them.

Too often, those who conclude that a specific locale doesn't work well for THEM, continue to seek validation for their choices...and continue to feel insecure when others have made a choice FOR the locale that doesn't work for THEM.

Such validation is unnecessary, as we are all INDIVIDUALS..and one man's meat is another man's poson..and yeah, believe it or not, folks, for many FLORIDA is their PARADISE..and for others, it is pure HELL. Do not continually try to validate your own decision by questioning the choices of others.

If you do, you will forever be restless...just enjoy YOUR OWN choice.
WELL SAID!!!!!!! REP to you....

Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Welcome back ChrisA!! I never in my wildest dreams figured you would be back in Florida!! Cool!!
Thanks!!!!!

Yep, I am here. I made the decision and I a secure in saying it is the right one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida