Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:44 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the correction on disservice.

Yeah, maybe they got bamboozled. Bought houses for 3 or 4 x the real value, It suddenly got really hot in the summer here, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You mean disservice ? No one said the parents didn't like Florida or didn't require Florida's climate to stay healthy. As far as those who bought a home here, maybe they were bamboozled by reading all of the cheerleader posts on C-D.

And contrary to what you might think, some of these haters do move out of Florida, but just post here to torture the cheerleaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 05:46 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
All due respect but I'd put Los Angeles up against Tampa anyday of the week. But I also don't agree with Desert Scene's hyper negative posts about Fla.......hence the article I posted.
Sorry I'm so negative but I'm well past my expiration date here. It's like an old loaf of bread, no matter what you try to do, the loaf will grow moldier and stinkier as time passes. Again thanks for the article but I'm just not motivated to re-explore Florida's hidden treasures. After nearly 40 years here I'm over it. I want something different. In less than a month my plane leaves for Phoenix, AZ.
Look at this:
http://freelargephotos.com/000982_l.jpg
Those wide freeways are more beautiful than any nature Florida can produce. Needless to say, I loved LA's freeway network too. Of course it took me two days of driving there to muster up the courage to get on them. Those people drive fast in LA!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:13 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,978,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_scene View Post
Sorry I'm so negative but I'm well past my expiration date here. It's like an old loaf of bread, no matter what you try to do, the loaf will grow moldier and stinkier as time passes. Again thanks for the article but I'm just not motivated to re-explore Florida's hidden treasures. After nearly 40 years here I'm over it. I want something different. In less than a month my plane leaves for Phoenix, AZ.
Look at this:

http://freelargephotos.com/000982_l.jpg
Those wide freeways are more beautiful than any nature Florida can produce. Needless to say, I loved LA's freeway network too. Of course it took me two days of driving there to muster up the courage to get on them. Those people drive fast in LA!
That is cool. I hope you find what you are looking for. Nothing wrong with venturing out and finding your spot in the world. I will say this...I think you are only the second person I've heard marvel at a freeway system as a work of art. The other one was a civil engineer.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:39 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Florida has always been a place of interest to people. The weather and the geography has not changed in eons, yet people continue to come to Florida. Some come and realize the climate and geography do not suit their tastes and move on. Others come and love it. However, others come, hate it and stay. WHY?
Maybe because we're stuck...literally--figuratively--financially

Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,388,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
don't argue with the cheerleaders.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Stuck? No way. Make a plan, stick to the plan and move on. That is how most got here. A plan. Financially? No excuse. Sell what you don't need, take your losses and get on with life. Life is too short to be in an unhappy situation. Its not "stuck" its lack of motivation to move forward.

Quote:

Old 02-08-2012, 09:07 AM

it is more in being a realist instead of a complainer. Seems too many folks blame a geographical location for their unhappiness. These same people would be unhappy no matter where they were. Just like they were before they came here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
don't argue with the cheerleaders.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:24 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,594 times
You know not of what you speak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
it is more in being a realist instead of a complainer. Seems too many folks blame a geographical location for their unhappiness. These same people would be unhappy no matter where they were. Just like they were before they came here.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:42 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,388,153 times
Quote:
ya think?

Old 02-08-2012, 01:44 PM

What makes you think so?

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida