Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 06:25 PM

39 posts, read 61,307 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I'm trying to find out if there are teaching jobs in Florida. I just finished my first year in Santa Cruz, Ca teaching 7th grade English. There are no jobs here! I also run an eventing club and am attracted to Florida for its wonderful horsey community. Also, I'm 37 and single and want to move where I could meet a nice guy. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Will my CA credential transfer? Where should I look at living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:57 PM

213 posts, read 662,298 times
A lot of counties are very tight with the budgets , etc. I know Polk County has a lot of openings (not the best school district in the state). Just be prepared for the payscale, Florida teachers do not make a lot of money. It is in Central Florida, between Orlando and Tampa , so easy to get to night life, etc. There are horses in Polk, although I think there are a lot more horse farms, ranches in Ocala, more towards north Florida, not sure how the school districts are up there. Not thrilled about Florida myself, In fact moving this weekend.... Just thought I would let you know the area I am familiar with , good luck to you !

Old 09-16-2012, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,006 times
Do not move to Florida! I Live here currently and have for 7 years! It has been bad experience after bad experience.... Especially relating to jobs. I graduated from FSU also and am not some bum, but the market here is so tough! Texas has a great horse community, cute guys, and waaayyyy better job market now!

Old 09-16-2012, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,981 times
My husband is a teacher here in Florida. The pay is not the best but then again, I don't know anywhere the pay is good for teachers. He currently teaches in Desoto County Florida. He found many jobs on teachers-teachers.com. You could also contact the Desoto County board of education. I know there are still openings. They had several teachers retire this year. I also know there are boarding facilities in both Sarasota and in Desoto county. Just do not get hooked in with a charter school here. They are not the best experiences for teachers we have found. If you have any other questions don't hestitate to write.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:44 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,514,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher/equestrian View Post
Hi all. I'm trying to find out if there are teaching jobs in Florida. I just finished my first year in Santa Cruz, Ca teaching 7th grade English. There are no jobs here! I also run an eventing club and am attracted to Florida for its wonderful horsey community. Also, I'm 37 and single and want to move where I could meet a nice guy. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Will my CA credential transfer? Where should I look at living?
You might have overlooked the obvious place for potential jobs for horse trainers.https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&safe=of...iw=853&bih=493

And teachers https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sugexp=...iw=853&bih=493
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida